No announcement yet.

Coconut water as post-workout drink?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For post workout... meh, but I drink some every day to help me get towards minimum potassium, even drinking a can a day I still don't come anywhere close to proper potassium levels :/ (even if I have a pound of pork steak and a modest potato)
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Add a pinch of salt to your water, helps replace some of the lost electrolyte's.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
        For post workout... meh, but I drink some every day to help me get towards minimum potassium, even drinking a can a day I still don't come anywhere close to proper potassium levels :/ (even if I have a pound of pork steak and a modest potato)
        Banana. It is your post work-out reward! It is the sweetener in your protein shake!

Comment

Originally posted by jhc View Post
          Banana. It is your post work-out reward! It is the sweetener in your protein shake!
          Bananas aren't great sources of potassium, coconut water has far more per similar serving size. Besides, I can't chew on baby poop, I immediately start gagging.
          -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Originally posted by julyfer
            No doubt water is the drink that has more benefits to maintain good hydration, since it is the main component of the human body
            It Keeps skin and blood vessels flexible and elastic. It contains many vitamins, minerals and electrolytes, including potassium, calcium and chloride. Coconut milk is rich in lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that is abundant in mother’s milk.

Comment

Originally posted by biorbyt View Post
              It Keeps skin and blood vessels flexible and elastic. It contains many vitamins, minerals and electrolytes, including potassium, calcium and chloride. Coconut milk is rich in lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that is abundant in mother’s milk.
              I hadn't realized that it is a good source of potassium and calcium - both things I've problems getting enough of. This might be a great choice after my harder workouts...

Comment

water filter

coconut water is amazing after workout ! I think that coconut water makes your body fit and it's great to have it

Comment

I get a case from costco for 16.49 and it works out to be cheaper than if I were to buy just one in the store. I only drink it when I'm doing HIIT or some kind of running. I like to run on an empty stomach and I find that coconut water just have enough sugar to give me a bit of boost. I suppose drinking a good quality juice would work as well but i just prefer the taste of coconut.

Comment

I like using it during/after a workout or anytime I'm sweating a lot - electrolyte replacement and hydration.

After a workout I like to either not eat (I might have some homemade club soda with a splash of lemon juice, some ICY cold water, or similar), or feed some protein to my muscles, whether it's a steak, some hard boiled eggs, burgers... you get the picture...

I used to fast for 24 hours, workout, then eat a nice-sized primal dinner (sometimes after a few more hours of fasting, just 'cause I wasn't hungry yet)... that worked nicely for weight loss... what is your post-workout goal?

Comment

I tried coconut water during a workout, but it upset my stomach. I generally use NUUN tablets if I want an electrolyte during my workout, otherwise I just use plain water.

Comment

I drink coconut water after really intense workouts. Quite frankly I don't really care if it helps me at all - I just like it!

Comment

Working...
                        X