Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sprinting more than once a week?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sprinting more than once a week?

    I love PBF, as a mama with a 6 month old baby the amount of exercise in PBF is just enough that I can squeeze it in and still get results. I particularly love the sprinting because it sets off my metabolism like no other. Is is ok if I squeeze in another sprint or 2 each week?
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

  • #2
    Listen to your body. I would venture to say that if you feel good enough to sprint 3x/week that you aren't pushing yourself enough in each session. But doing sprints 2x/wk when you feel good enough should be fine.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by teach2183 View Post
      Listen to your body. I would venture to say that if you feel good enough to sprint 3x/week that you aren't pushing yourself enough in each session. But doing sprints 2x/wk when you feel good enough should be fine.
      I agree.
      Josh Vernier, CPT

      My Journal

      Evolution Revolution Fitness

      "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

      -Ayn Rand

      Comment


      • #4
        Depends on if you want to or not. I hate how everyone asks permission on these forums.

        Hey, mark says 8 hours of sleep is good. I got 9 last night. Am I ok?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kingofturtles View Post
          Depends on if you want to or not. I hate how everyone asks permission on these forums.

          Hey, mark says 8 hours of sleep is good. I got 9 last night. Am I ok?
          lol..slept 10 hrs last night..Damn it makes a huge difference.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cavebabymama View Post
            I love PBF, as a mama with a 6 month old baby the amount of exercise in PBF is just enough that I can squeeze it in and still get results. I particularly love the sprinting because it sets off my metabolism like no other. Is is ok if I squeeze in another sprint or 2 each week?
            Right now I only do 1 and I still see results. I do lift and do other forms of light cardio so I don't think adding more sprint is not necessarily going to give you more results.

            Comment


            • #7
              Give an extra sprint a go. I will to, as I think I under-train having heard too much about recovery and whatnot.

              Comment


              • #8
                I "sprint" as part of my programmed fitness (i.e. doing intervals running or on an erg) only once a week on average as I find in very physically demanding. However I also "sprint" virtually every day mainly by racing up hills on my bike as I commute to work and when I play sports. IMO it's the best way to improve your fitness as far as Vo2 max is concerned, plus of course going fast is awesome fun.

                Comment

                Working...
                X