Tabata sprints day after heavy lifting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dgreenwood View Post
    Ughh...knots in your calf are the worst! A couple of years ago I had it going on in both calves as well as some Achilles tendinitis that I was battling. The tendinitis was caused by tight calves but I couldn't stretch my calves very well because of the knots. I ended up with small tears from trying to stretch out those knots on multiple occasions. I was so frustrated!

I broke my ankle which finally forced me to let my calves rest and the tendinitis clear up. When I was rehabbing the ankle I worked with the PT to strengthen and lengthen the calves/achilles. They've been fine since but I'm really careful to stay up on those stretches/exercises because it was a nightmare for a long time.
    It can be horrible when they get bad. I had one in my lower back from a deadlifting incident that ended in a minor strain...but the adhesion that developed kept getting inflamed and pressing on my sciatic. It took a deep-tissue massage from hell to get it broken up enough. Now I'm all about injury prevention. I foam roll at least 3x a week...every night is my goal.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by EvRevFit View Post
      It can be horrible when they get bad. I had one in my lower back from a deadlifting incident that ended in a minor strain...but the adhesion that developed kept getting inflamed and pressing on my sciatic. It took a deep-tissue massage from hell to get it broken up enough. Now I'm all about injury prevention. I foam roll at least 3x a week...every night is my goal.
      Can you recommend any resources to help develop a daily roller routine? I love my foam roller but I'm only at the point where I figure out how to roll on any muscle that is tight or sore. A general nightly routine for injury prevention sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by dgreenwood View Post
        Can you recommend any resources to help develop a daily roller routine? I love my foam roller but I'm only at the point where I figure out how to roll on any muscle that is tight or sore. A general nightly routine for injury prevention sounds interesting.
        I'm actually in the process of putting together an article for my blog on that exact topic. I'll let you know when I get it posted! (I'm shooting for Monday right now) It's one of those areas that just hasn't gotten enough attention...I actually can't think of anything out there involving rolling as a daily routine off the top of my head.
        Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by EvRevFit View Post
          I'm actually in the process of putting together an article for my blog on that exact topic. I'll let you know when I get it posted! (I'm shooting for Monday right now) It's one of those areas that just hasn't gotten enough attention...I actually can't think of anything out there involving rolling as a daily routine off the top of my head.
          I'll be interested in this article

Comment

I sprint after my workouts. Even leg days, I just drive to a hill and sprint up it 10 times.

Comment

I actually did sprints on the rowing machine today, a day after a heavy lifting session. First time I've ever done it but I felt good - not saying I'll be feeling so good tomorrow though...!

I normally do lifting on Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Tuesday & Thursday I normally do a lengthy walk to work but wanted to change things about, so thought I would do rowing sprints on those days for a while, and see how I get on.

So I'll be back tomorrow doing lifting - I'll give it a few weeks then I'll try and get back and comment on how I feel. But I've been reading up on how this works out for other people and on the whole, they seem to have some good results.

Comment

Working...
              X