Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best workout supplement to build muscle quickly and burn fat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best workout supplement to build muscle quickly and burn fat?

I'm 15 and lift 4 days a week for football, and sometimes on the weekends. Lots of guys are starting to take workout supplements so I feel like I'm falling behind. What is a good workout supplement to build muscle fast and burn fat? One with as little fillers as possible. Also, I want to make sure it's healthy and won't have any harmful side effects.

What is your lifting schedule like?
    4 days + football seems like too much. Choose a good 3x5 or 5x5 compound lifting program like starting strength or stronglifts (or and of the others out there)
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Comment

Eggs. Lots of eggs.

Comment

Steak. Lots of steak.

Personal preferences aside. Seriously, you would probably be better served to spend the money in the grocery store instead of GNC (and the like) buying clean, real food.
        turquoisepassion - I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS

Comment

FOOD. LOTS OF FOOD. You don't need a supplement, you just need to read the Primal Blueprint, stick to the principles it lays out, lift heavy (and work really hard at it), and eat a LOT of clean food.

A supplement or pill is temporary. A lifestyle change and hard work over time is permanent.
          Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

+1 on the above.
            Also, rest enough! I started seeing better results when I started sleeping more and worrying less (which was a major task, and one I continue to have to work on)

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B-D View Post
              +1 on the above.
              Also, rest enough! I started seeing better results when I started sleeping more and worrying less (which was a major task, and one I continue to have to work on)
              YES. That's one I don't touch on enough, but it is vitally important.
              Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Squats

Milk

Steak

Sleep.

Comment

Not that it has to do with how to get lean gains but dont compare yourself to other people, look at where you are, lift heavy (for you personally) and eat clean and you will get there.
                  Last edited by Fossman; 07-16-2012, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Eat lots of food, and take BCAA's for recovery, or a good whey protein, don't buy into the bullshit your football buddies may be buying, MAXTONE or MEGALIFTS, or some other gimmick supplement, eat lots of food, stick to a primal eating plan and your unwanted fat will come off, and muscle will grow as long as you eat enough, also it's football get big, don't get ripped.

Comment

+1 on many of the responses.

Eat lots of quality foods e.g. steak, whole eggs and vegetables.

Base strength workouts around:
                      1. Squats for your leg routine
                      2. Deadlifts and chin ups for your upper body pulling
                      3. Bench press for your upper body pushing

As far as supplements go I use creatine monohydrate ...... maybe some whey protein concentrate if I am protein deficient.

Best of luck
                      Commenced PB Jan 2nd 2012.
                      86.1kg, 23% bodyfat
                      Last assessment January 26, 2014 - 79.4kgs & 14.6% bodyfat

My goal is to:
                      Maintain PB lifestyle of diet and exercise.
                      Maintain weight of around 80kgs and 15% bodyfat.

Comment

There's no need for BCAA's. If you eat a good amount of whole, Primal protein sources you don't need to waste any money on it. It's better spent on some good steaks.
                        Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Eat allot of good food. at your age you need to spend the next five years building as much muscle as possible. Don't worry about burning fat build muscle. You will regret not taking advantage of your full potential otherwise.
                          Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Comment

Don't mess with workout supplements... You don't know what's in them...

Ten Menomonie football players suspended over energy drink - Leader-Telegram: Daily Updates

Comment

You may want to try cycling creatine monohydrate though.

It's cheap, legal, no side effects, and works for a significant percentage of the population. Load 20g/day for a week, then maintinance of 5g a day. Some people respond well, others notice little performance gain. Robb Wolf discusses it in a few of his podcasts, and endorses its use, FWIW.

Comment

Working...
                              X