No announcement yet.

Weight and cardio training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I looked over this. how many weeks can you cycle this workout till you Plateau? and what is the alternatives?

Comment

Originally posted by Damian View Post
      Okay, I looked over this. how many weeks can you cycle this workout till you Plateau? and what is the alternatives?
      You can run liniar progression for 3-6 months, typically. Depending on your dedication, drive, and ability to recover.

After 6 months, then you can address either going onto a maintinance program because you've achieved your goals, or switching to an advanced program like 5/3/1 or Texas Meathod.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron147
        I am planning to start doing morning cardio, and i am wondering if it is good or bad,
        should i take protein before???
        is this best way to stay healthy and fit or any other way ...???
        Cardio is good if you don't want to build muscle mass, when you run your body leaches nutrients from your muscles. if you run for 30+ minutes then it will start to burn fat instead of leaching from your muscles for energy. after you workout would be the best time to take protein if you work hard enough. If you take protein without working out hard you will gain weight, and not from muscles... run on an empty stomach, don't run after you eat, and don't drink a lot because this will lead to cramps. avoid cramps by stretching, try to aim for everything in you're legs and mid section.

Comment

No, cardio is not good...especially if it's long, slow distance. Shorter-duration, high intensity sprint workouts along with lots of slow movement (walking, bike riding, etc.) yield better results with fewer joint problems.

If you eat plenty of whole protein sources you shouldn't need to supplement. If you do feel the need to, after your workout would be the best bet. You will not gain weight from taking protein unless you aren't working out at all, and you do actually need to keep yourself hydrated. THAT will help to avoid cramps, not the opposite.
          Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
          X