10,000 KB swing challenge in 10 or 30 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvRevFit View Post
    As far as I'm concerned the deadline is just 10 or 30 days after you started, depending on which one you're doing.
    Well, then it appears I have about 4000 swings to do in 1.5/2 days. Put some Glenn Miller on the turntable and away we go!
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

Knocked-off another 500+ and I'm going to watch Spider-Man. Pressure and exercise helps to hardwire useful physiological adaptations! Pressure and exercise helps to hardwire useful physiological adaptations! Pressure and exercise helps to hardwire useful physiological adaptations! Pressure and exercise helps to hardwire useful physiological adaptations! Pressure and exercise helps to hardwire useful physiological adaptations!
      All the best!

PDJ

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

Got the 500 up to 1448. I'm doing breathing ladders from 11>40 and back. My breathing is under manners (hardly a heavy breath,) so I've halved the breaths between sets. I can do this!
        All the best!

PDJ

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

Kill it PD. KILL IT.

Edit: Well it's a lump of iron, or steel so you can't kill it per se, but pretend it's invested with life and you are crushing it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JRuined View Post
            Kill it PD. KILL IT.

Edit: Well it's a lump of iron, or steel so you can't kill it per se, but pretend it's invested with life and you are crushing it anyway.
            Or use it to kill something else.
            Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

@EvRev If he did and then proceeded to feed himself and his family with the "something else" that would be brutal, awesome, and truly primal.

Comment

Here is how you use the kettlebell to kill something.

Low Stance Kettlebell Towel Swings - YouTube
                I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
                My Journal

Comment

Cotter rocks. Dude is full of info, and is a good guy to look to for inspiration. You could slay giants with that towel swing.

I think I'm going to practice that while I'm deloading so I can do it at the beach and impress the ladies...

By ladies I mean my wife and daughter.

Comment

I agree, Cotter is the bomb....

My Journal
                    My Journal

Comment

Seriously. Cotter is one of my heroes.
                      Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Ok so I wanted to try. A no good excuse to try a challenge and get more active again, compared to a once per week hit workout. Bought a 55 lb bell. In 90 degree weather it took me 3.5 hours to do 1000. 25 reps is easy. But after a while it got too heavy.

Now I feel I can't move. But mentally I feel much better than normal; activity is supposed to make you happy.

I still wonder if this was a bad idea. But I am hoping something good comes out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripped View Post
                          Ok so I wanted to try. A no good excuse to try a challenge and get more active again, compared to a once per week hit workout. Bought a 55 lb bell. In 90 degree weather it took me 3.5 hours to do 1000. 25 reps is easy. But after a while it got too heavy.

Now I feel I can't move. But mentally I feel much better than normal; activity is supposed to make you happy.

I still wonder if this was a bad idea. But I am hoping something good comes out of it.
                          First time doing swings? If so, you sir are certifiable, but glad that you are feeling "better than normal". Is that shit eating grin on your face?

My Journal
                          My Journal

Comment

Cotter is a machine. Great to follow for technique.

Comment

I took it a bit easy yesterday and today since I was ahead on my swings per day. My hands needed it.

Did 300 yesterday and 200 today which puts me at 6800 as my jump point for tomorrow. I need to do 3200 swings by Wednesday to hit the 10 day mark.

Comment

Originally posted by TorMag View Post
                                First time doing swings? If so, you sir are certifiable, but glad that you are feeling "better than normal". Is that shit eating grin on your face?
                                I fiddled with swings before, but not used to volume.

Today I woke up and realized that that much work takes up too much time and makes me too tired to do anything else such as play and chores! That's not good!

So I skipped this morning, didn't want to do it. I am thinking a different challenge might be more practical. Maybe 35 lbs x 10000 in 30 days. I could easily get my reps done quick in the mornings.

I wonder how many calories that would burn.

Comment

Working...
                                X