No announcement yet.

10,000 KB swing challenge in 10 or 30 days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up 'til I got a Gymboss, I used to use this workout timer. It's pretty versatile.
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

aaagh! What have I signed up to? Got 500 done; 5 sets of 100 with a minute rest between each. Now my callouses are aflame (I think I'll be spending a lot of time in the beauticians, getting my manicure on or just put coconut oil on my hands instead of in my mouth.)

I'm gonna have to postpone my other KB programmes to get this done. That being said, it will be a great opportunity to establish a good base for my snatch; my weakest comp. lift.
      Last edited by pdjesson; 07-05-2012, 07:39 PM.
      All the best!

PDJ

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

I'm 800 in. Got 200 left. Tomorrow's deadlift day, so I'm going to swing GTG style, 50-100 at a time, spaced out all day.
        Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Well done Guys,

I have just found out I have to travel for work next week, so as much as I would like to take the 24kg on a plane with me I dont think I can sneak it on as hand luggage or dress it up as wilson and take it as my first born ugly child.

Anyway looking fwed to reading up on your progress. Keep it up

cheers
          "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Comment

Last 200 done = 1,000 swings for today! I can already tell tomorrow is going to be DOMS hell...stretching and foam rolling now to try to reduce it.

Thought I'd share this with my kettlebell brethren. My fiance made this for me a while back.
            IMG00292-20120705-2134.jpg
            Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Comment

500 in so far.
              Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Comment

I've reached 880 and popped a callous/blister. It's only popped and not ripped, thankfully. And it's at the base of my right ring-finger, which is an unusual place for me to have a callous. Not been working the swings enough, I guess. Anyhow, I will see what's to be done to remedy the situation for tomorrow...

From incorporating the tips from the last ten minutes of this tutorial means I'm feeling the work in my traps and rhomboids. Incorporating these tips will also smoke ones forearms and grip (perhaps, the cause of my popped callous.)
                All the best!

PDJ

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

The guy who started the experiment would soak his hands in hot water between sets to avoid callous issues. You can find the post in his blog.

Comment

I'm three blisters in so far. I use athletic tape on my fingers now and it really helps the situation. Also cotton gloves with the fingers cut off help me. They don't look too attractive, but they're effective. Reminds me, I need a new pair. Oh, and I got my 1,000 in for today. I'm about to do a LOT of foam rolling.
                    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by ToddS View Post
                      The guy who started the experiment would soak his hands in hot water between sets to avoid callous issues. You can find the post in his blog.
                      Thanks, for the pointer, ToddS. I didn't find the information that you mentioned, neither in the T-Nation post (in the OP) nor Bud Jeffries' post (Dragon Door.) What I did find though, is that, the protocol is based on double-handed (DH) swings. I'm back in the game.

My first day's 1000 is complete; 880 singled-handed (SW) swings and 120 DH swings.
                      All the best!

PDJ

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

I just did 400 and all I can say is WOW! That was exhausting.

Are you guys doing this along with your regular workout routine? I follow leangains RPT, would this be overkill doing both?

Comment

Sorry the post actually came from James Heathers' blog. You can find the link in the live spill comments on T-Nation. 10000swings dot blogspot dot com /2012/04/day-2-3065.html

Comment

It is brutal...I think next time I will go for the 10,000 in 30 days and still do my regular workouts
                            Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                            PS
                            Don't forget to play!

Comment

Just popping in to say I've been watching and congrats on getting at it fellas! Even though it seems insane it is not a bad idea to push the limits every once in a while. Just don't woos out! You can do it!

Comment

Here is swing machine RKC Tracy Reifkind talking and doing 1000 rep swings. Just posted today.

Tracy Reifkind's Training Food and Thought: 1000 swing reps w/ 24kg

"If you searching an brutally effective fat loss and conditioning regimen, you have found it: Programming the Swing. I was so impressed with Tracy Reifkind's innovations that I am incorporating some them into the RKC curriculum."—Pavel Tsatsouline, Chief RKC Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                X