Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face pull - same as ring rows?

This is probably one for bodyweight guru Mr Kavadlo

I dislike machines but want to add face pulls to my routine. I could use DB's on an incline bench, chest down, but remember doing ring rows (Face up, start with arms straight and pull yourself up) years ago which were a very similar movement.

Yes. I don't have any resources right now to show, but you can definitely do face pulls with the rings. I also do them with the TRX. I'll try to dig up a video in a sec...
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Okay, I found a TRX one: TRX Face Pull - YouTube

The rings would be the exact same idea.
      Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Fantastic, another one I can do in the garage without having to drive to my powerlifting gym. Thank you for your help!

Comment

No problem!
          Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

-Ayn Rand

Comment

you can try

BAND PULL APART

This simple exercise works on scapular retraction (pulling the shoulder blades together) and reinforces good upper back posture.This allows the shoulder to move freely without compensation from other muscles/joints. Keep your spine in line by flexing your abs and squeezing your glutes during the whole set.

Use various grips: overhand, underhand, palms facing. Squeeze the shoulder blades together for a split second and repeat.Jason Ferruggia recommended doing 100 band pull-aparts & other sholder exercises.Good luck with that

Comment

good video,Squeeze the shoulder blades together for a split second and repeat.Jason Ferruggia recommended doing 100 band pull-aparts & other sholder exercises.Good luck with that,thanks

Comment

Working...
              X