No announcement yet.

Your body is your gym

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds great!! I am still beginning and hope to like the programs..

Comment

Starting this next week. Also just discovered a sledgehammer in the garage, so will be flinging that about as well.
      My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Comment

Wait untill you try the master level guys, it's evil, but good, the stappers leave me done right in! I cycle weeks seven to ten with a recovery week every fifth week, at the moment.

What level of strength/fitness you've got to be in to do the elite I can't begin to fathom!!

Cheers

Comment

This is awesome! Just downloaded the app and am hoping this is the motivation that I need to get started with my exercise thanks for posting this

Comment

There is another app that I've downloaded called FitFu. It's more basic than YAYOG but still a good starting point.

Comment

So day 2 try too old/new

21 back lunges 28
              30 romanian deadlifts 36
              45 squats 61
              30 swimmers 36

So day 3 try 2

70 Classic Push-Ups 91
              58 Let me Ins 66
              60 Seated Dips 76
              36 Let me Ups 46

realy need to work on that let me ups.
              Last edited by Austrian_Carnivore; 07-12-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

How often are you meant to do this? Everyday? Every other? I have the iPhone app and completed the first day of first class yesterday, but I can't find info anywhere on how often to do this. I know it's 4days per week but 4 into 7 doesn't go.

Comment

^^

maybe just pick the four days that suit you? The 'classes' seem to target different areas so maybe it doesn't matter if you do two in a row

Comment

You can do the Arms worout on day 1 legs on day to have a break on day 3 do training on day 4&5 have a 2 day break. Just how ever you like.

my Yesterdays leg workout
                    Side lunges 40
                    One legged romanian deadlifts 46
                    squats 55
                    Russian Twists 73

Comment

I'm at the end of a 10-week program I started in March, so while the program is for 4-5 times per week, I found it was more than I wanted with all my walking and occasional sprinting (and working, yeah that too). In the last few weeks there are 4 regular strength days, then a fifth day of Stappers, which are a trip--just go between 3 movements non-stop for 20 minutes...good burn!

I went from being able to do only about 3 pullups at a time to about 10, and 4-6 sets of 6-8 are do-able now. This program really does work (due to smart periodization, explained in the book), and it's not too time-consuming. Which is the point--this is what the author helped develop for SpecOps troops, so it had to be efficient and not depend on equipment.

For more inspiration, check out Al Kavadlo's site--great stuff there too.

Comment

Working...
                      X