Squats

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squats

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but I just had to say. Squats are one of the most wonderful exercises if done right. I just noticed the other day some nagging back and joint pains that my chiropractor couldn't fix are no longer giving me fits. Coupled with the dietary changes with primal. I feel the best I have in years.
    If I posted this in the wrong area, my apologies.

Yes, yes they are my friend...

squats.PNG
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by workinprogress View Post
      I'm probably preaching to the choir, but I just had to say. Squats are one of the most wonderful exercises if done right. I just noticed the other day some nagging back and joint pains that my chiropractor couldn't fix are no longer giving me fits. Coupled with the dietary changes with primal. I feel the best I have in years.
      If I posted this in the wrong area, my apologies.
      What is this squats you speak of and where can I get some?
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        What is this squats you speak of and where can I get some?
        I found them underneath a steel bar loaded with a bunch of steel plates.

Comment

I never thought that squats were something that I could do, but this past week has seen me performing tens of level one squats and many Grok squats. My knees are less brittle and crunchy now!
          Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
          Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
          Eat primally.
          Take a progress picture once a week.
          Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
          Current weight: ???
          Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
          Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

Comment

I love squats especially Full Squats..makes my ass round

Comment

Originally posted by cayla29s View Post
              I love squats especially Full Squats..makes my ass round
              I don't get round ass from deep squats, but my knees have stopped aching.
              I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

lol..Not literally round but you know what i mean. Never had issues with my knees for as long as I have been doing them.

Comment

I believe that if a person has knee problems from squats, their knees are either already shot or they aren't squatting correctly.

Comment

What is the best way to learn the correct form? youtube?

Comment

Originally posted by katemary View Post
                      What is the best way to learn the correct form? youtube?
                      There's a ton of videos on the crossfit website, not all youtube videos are created equal.
                      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

And all this time, I thought that big metal cage at the gym was a place for middle-aged balding guys with beer bellies to do bicep curls. You learn something new every day!
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          And all this time, I thought that big metal cage at the gym was a place for middle-aged balding guys with beer bellies to do bicep curls. You learn something new every day!
                          Only if they're wearing TAP OUT shirts.
                          If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                            There's a ton of videos on the crossfit website, not all youtube videos are created equal.
                            thanks, I didn't think of crossfit.

Comment

Originally posted by workinprogress View Post
                              I believe that if a person has knee problems from squats, their knees are either already shot or they aren't squatting correctly.
                              Yep. I have a partially torn ACL and thought I couldn't do squats because it hurt too badly. Turns out I had bad form. Now I can do them no problem. No pain in my ACL at all. Often, it's a form issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X