Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Only if they're wearing TAP OUT shirts.
    WHAT?!?!? TAPOUT shirts are already out of favor with the cool kids? Is in next week ALREADY? There goes my wardrobe..... back to the mall I go.
    Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
    Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
    Starting Energy: "bleh...."
    Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
    Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Comment

Originally posted by BONZ View Post
      WHAT?!?!? TAPOUT shirts are already out of favor with the cool kids? Is in next week ALREADY? There goes my wardrobe..... back to the mall I go.
      Tapout is so passť. My new favorite is Affliction. Because nothing says "I'm a tough guy" like having skulls and blood and brass knuckles screen printed in a variety of glittery colors.
      Last edited by RichMahogany; 06-27-2012, 05:43 AM.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Don't forget to take the back-window-sized sticker off your car.

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        Tapout is so passť. My new favorite is Affliction. Because nothing says "I'm a tough guy" than having pretend skulls and blood and brass knuckles screen printed in a variety of glittery colors.
        I haven't seen those; are they Ed Hardyesque? Because nothing says I'm a tough guy with a soft spot for Picasso like Ed Hardy.
        If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Hey justyouraveragecavemen, I just caught your location. I'm headed back to NA on vacation in a few days, grew up in Courtland. You should probably have a drink for me in the mean time!

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Comment

Hey justyouraveragecavemen, I just caught your location. I'm headed back to NA on vacation in a few days, grew up in Courtland. You should probably have a drink for me in the mean time!
            Ah Courtland, the land of speed traps, I grew up across the river in Rogersville. Ain't too far from there now.

I shall go to Wayne's or Johnny's and partake in an alcoholic beverage in honor of you, my friend.
            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Ha, I graduated from Lexington.... I'm quite familiar with every square inch of Lauderdale county! I'm blacked out at one point or another in most of them. I still blame that on people from Greenhill!

Comment

Originally posted by cayla29s View Post
                lol..Not literally round but you know what i mean. Never had issues with my knees for as long as I have been doing them.
                You misread me, I no longer have achy knees since I started doing deep squats.
                I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Squats are awesome, I'd do them everyday if I could, and this thread made me laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by federkeil View Post
                    You misread me, I no longer have achy knees since I started doing deep squats.
                    Okay....soooory

Comment

Squats are dumb.
                      I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Comment

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                        Ah Courtland, the land of speed traps, I grew up across the river in Rogersville. Ain't too far from there now.

I shall go to Wayne's or Johnny's and partake in an alcoholic beverage in honor of you, my friend.
                        Ha, I graduated from Lexington.... I'm quite familiar with every square inch of Lauderdale county! I'm blacked out at one point or another in most of them. I still blame that on people from Greenhill!
                        North Alabama love! Morgan county checking in!

Edit to stay on topic: I love squatting as well, but I do it with body weight only; CC style.
                        Last edited by BamaAla; 06-27-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Did some squats yesterday with my olympic bar no weight added yet working back into free weight squats getting my balance right again....- I think they are yummy.

Comment

Speaking of squats and North Alabama, you locals need to clue me in on a gym that I can get a trial/short term access to. Decatur is preferable, BamaAla you might know what's up. I'll be in town in for a week or so, then off to Nola, then Dallas, then Houston, then San Antone, then back. I don't see me coming off membership fees to get a grand total of 2 weeks worth of workouts in any given place.

Comment

Originally posted by NicMcCool View Post
                              Squats are dumb.
                              12, 12, 12
                              "Go For Broke"
                              Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                              Small Kine-168/9%
                              Now- 200/8%
                              Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Originally posted by cmlloyd View Post
                                Did some squats yesterday with my olympic bar no weight added yet working back into free weight squats getting my balance right again....- I think they are yummy.
                                Something I found for me when I was learning (and even now sometimes when warming up), that with the empty bar I tend to push to bar around. Meaning I may not balance it over mid foot all the way up because it's so light. So adding a few, like maybe just 10 lbs, might give you a better "feel."
                                "Go For Broke"
                                Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                                Small Kine-168/9%
                                Now- 200/8%
                                Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Working...
                                X