Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women, do you exercise during your period?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lying dumbbell press is a great arm exercise for women. Not only do you get to lay down, but this exercise will truly make you feel the tricep muscle if you haven't felt it for a while!

Comment

Yeah. Just moving around in any form is generally better then sitting around. I get more of a back ache out of my period rather than cramps (sometimes get those too but not as often) and sitting around just makes me want a big bowl full of ibuprofen. If I just go for a walk its much better. And intense exercise is fine too.

Comment

Biologically speaking, what causes bloat?
        Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Comment

Yep
          " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

Comment

It's not the cramps that hold me back though, it's the severity of the flow...I don't want to bleed out all over the gym. Nobody wants me to do that!

Comment

I do, even when I have cramps, heavy flow, etc. I Crossfit 4x a week, and find that as long as I can get myself there, my performance is not affected in any way. I did Murph on the heaviest day of my period last month. It didn't hurt any more than it usually hurts.

Comment

The first day of my period, no man or toy is touching me. After that, it's ON!
                “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

Working...
                X