Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something cool just happend for me......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something cool just happend for me......

So I have been doing leangains now for six weeks. My body fat when I started was 29.10 % when I measured this week, I was at 26.30 %. I have lost 15 pounds of fat in that six weeks.

Anyway, I was just doing my work out today, and was finishing with a set of dumbell concentration curls when I looked down and saw a vein poking out on my forearm. Vein pop, the first time in my life. How cool is that for this fat boy...... Leangains is working.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Vascularity is proof of awesomeness.
    I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Comment

Its also a sign of hotness. Guys with veiny/tendony arms and hands...I need some ice just thinking about it.
      January 14th-306.2
      January 21st, lost 2" off my waist.
      January 30th-300.2

Come to the edge she said.
      No, I'll fall.
      Come to the edge.
      No, it's too high.
      Come to the edge.
      I came
      She pushed
      And I flew

Comment

Veins = coolness
        If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Wow, LG really works for you! COOLness!

I did not know that veins popping is a measure of a good lifting session, lol. I thought it was useful for going to do a blood test - I always do it after lifting now. Before it took nurses 2-3 tries to locate a vein. And if you ever had a needle wandering the inside of your elbow for any significant amount of time... yeah.
            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
              Wow, LG really works for you! COOLness!

I did not know that veins popping is a measure of a good lifting session, lol. I thought it was useful for going to do a blood test - I always do it after lifting now. Before it took nurses 2-3 tries to locate a vein. And if you ever had a needle wandering the inside of your elbow for any significant amount of time... yeah.
              I know all about that... I have deep veins. One time it took 5, yes, 5 people to get some blood. BTW, never ever let the Doctor try...... I usually say, "Why not use a butterfly needle and take it from the back of the hand" Just maybe, when I reach my goal of 15% BF, it will no longer be a problem.

My Journal
              My Journal

Comment

You would get to your goal BF% faster if you pledged allegiance to the University of Alabama.

Just sayin'.

Comment

I know all about that... I have deep veins. One time it took 5, yes, 5 people to get some blood. BTW, never ever let the Doctor try...... I usually say, "Why not use a butterfly needle and take it from the back of the hand" Just maybe, when I reach my goal of 15% BF, it will no longer be a problem.
                  In my experience it is not BF, it is the amount of blood-flow through the vein. Basically, I was advised by a senior nurse once to drink a lot of water before going to do a test, but lifting seem to be super-effective in bringing them up. I was actually worried about it, after my husband pointed it out a few months back. I hope it doesn't have any negative side attached to it, like high blood pressure or something? It's just from lifting?
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I was also amazed at how many veins I have as my fat disappeared. My hands look like tree roots, and now I'm getting those hoses on top of my biceps!
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                      You would get to your goal BF% faster if you pledged allegiance to the University of Alabama.

Just sayin'.
                      Really? Do I have to go to Tuscaloosa to do this, or can I just pretend to say it in my head?

My Journal
                      My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by TorMag View Post
                        Really? Do I have to go to Tuscaloosa to do this, or can I just pretend to say it in my head?
                        No sir, just say it in your head.

Comment

Working...
                        X