No announcement yet.

One day I want to do a chinup!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, I read the thread title as I want to do a chimp and I was just checking to see what ever you meant by that! (I'm having some contact lense issues)

I, also, would like to be able to do a chin up/pull up!!LOL

Comment

Originally posted by teach2183 View Post
      I don't think there's a good corollary between push-ups and pull-ups.
      They are complementary, if you do perfect form pushups you will work your lats, abs and even biceps a little.

When you do dead hang pullups, your pecs, triceps, abs get worked as well. They are not the primary muscle, but they act as supporting muscles in the exercise.
      "Go For Broke"
      Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
      Small Kine-168/9%
      Now- 200/8%
      Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
        They are complementary, if you do perfect form pushups you will work your lats, abs and even biceps a little.

When you do dead hang pullups, your pecs, triceps, abs get worked as well. They are not the primary muscle, but they act as supporting muscles in the exercise.
        This.

Also, I don't know if it's really been said, but the best way to learn how to do something is by doing it.

If you can't do a pull-up use a chair, just make sure the chair is behind you and your toes are faced down (knees bent, shins facing the ground). This way when you push off for help it'll drive your hips vertical keeping you in good pull-up form.

I don't fully subscribe to the idea of using bands as training for initial pull-ups because as someone mentioned earlier the negatives or holding yourself as you come down are just as important to building strength.
        I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Comment

Working...
        X