Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just realized how much I loved sprinting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just realized how much I loved sprinting.

It's because I sprinted for the first time in my life.

And apparently I'm freakishly fast...

And here I was living my life thinking I absolutely suck at sports and can't run.

I guess I just couldn't run for long periods, like they used to make me in high-school.

My mother was always athletic when she was young and did gymnastics and short-distance running, so maybe it's genes!

Either way running to heavy metal songs is insanely fun... I was literally flying!

Can I do this every day?

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

Sprinting is fun, isn't it? I sprint about 2x a week, and one of those sessions include plyos and lunges.

It's all about having fun!

Comment

But can I do it every day or not? :0

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Wooohoo! Nothing can beat the rush of air as you sprint through a field. I've been doing a lil sprinting here and there on my hikes, nothing beats the feeling!

Tabata sprints are supposed to be a great workout. I'm planning on trying them this wednesday, hopefully I won't wind up winded on the ground..... from what I heard they're deadly. ;D

Comment

I'm still not very good at sprinting. After I sprint I feel like I'm only half alive. On the other hand, they are fun.

Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
          Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
          No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
          Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Comment

Tabata sprints?

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

sprinting makes me feel unbelievably amazing & strong. so, so awesome.

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
              Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Comment

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/what-are-tabata-sprints/

Comment

KatFish, do you do them every day?

I know the Sprinting should be once in a while, but I'd love to do the sprints every day instead of other things

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Daily sprinting would be pretty tough, especially for me. Right now, I sprint once a week, going all-out, but I also lift weights 2-3x weekly.

I also go hiking once or twice weekly on moderate trails.

Try every other day first to test yourself; just be careful with over-training, especially if your other workouts are intense.

Comment

I did tabata sprints almost weekly last summer, but haven't all winter. Might have to work up to it with cycling.

Comment

I've been doing Tabata sprints on my treadmill all winter. Now that the weather has (nearly) broken, I can't wait to try them outdoors.

Comment

It depends how much you do every day. You wouldn't be able to do a full sprint workout every day, but you can certainly do a couple of sprints daily without too much of an issue.

Comment

I'd say 2x a week would be good.

Have you tried hill sprints yet?

Comment

I don't know of any hills!

I just have a concrete stadium where I run from one side of the court to the other.

And yesterday I did a few and I have muscle pains in places I didn't even know I had muscles :/

I guess I just like being outside and doing fun sprints (even in the rain!) than inside and doing strength training which I do 3 times a week.

I do feel like sprinting is a total body workout and is faster and more fun, if I can do just that 3-4 times a week I'd be happy :]

But I guess it's not as effective as hiking and exercising and sprinting!

I don't get a lot of chances to hike in the city; I just walk places a few times a day.

-Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Working...
                              X