new to excersise/fibromyalgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cori,

Sorry but you are dead wrong. StopTheThyroidMadness web site is the Gold Standard for thyroid problems & thyroid meds.
    Site Map | Stop The Thyroid Madness

Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
      Cori,

Sorry but you are dead wrong. StopTheThyroidMadness web site is the Gold Standard for thyroid problems & thyroid meds.
      Site Map | Stop The Thyroid Madness

Grizz
      Gold Standard by what definition? Who decided STTM has the answers?

I would appreciate it if you would stop talking in absolutes, practicing medicine without a license, and coming across like you have all the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by ilovedogs View Post
        I did have half my thyroid gland removed due to a goiter and so I take thyroxine tablets 125mc. I do have excessive sleepiness, cold intolerence and heat intolerance also. I do get muscle aches and joint pain, poor memory, this is ne of the reaasons I cut grains and am trying to build some strenght.
        Do you have thyroid lab results you can share? Is your doctor dosing your meds based on TSH or is he/she using Free T4 and Free T3.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. It was, in actuality, under treated thyroid. Once I got optimally treated my fibro symptoms resolved.

If you are not adequately medicated for thyroid, exercise can be difficult.The body needs time to heal. My suggestion is to get optimally treated before worrying about pull-ups, push-ups, squats...

Walking is a good place to start. Starting low and slow and increasing low and slow is also a good idea.

Other things that can hinder thyroid function or mimic thyroid symptoms include:
        1. Low vitamin D
        2. Low selenium--200mcg/day is needed
        3. Low ferritin levels
        4. Not eating enough or going too low carb. Carbs help T4 to T3 conversion.

Comment

Working...
        X