Can't seem to get abs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to my world.

The way to get abs is with heavy complex lifts (deadlifts, squats, benchpresses, chin-ups, pull-ups) paired with a mild caloric deficit achieved through calorie and carbohydrate cycling. Most lifters will tell you to eat at maintenance or slightly above on lift days with lots of carbs and low fat, while taking in low carbs and lower calories on days you don't lift heavy. Overall, you will need a net deficit. A slow cut is ~0.5 lbs of fat lost a week, so bank on 1,500-2,000 calorie deficits per week. Greater deficits could lead to muscle loss and your body holding onto fat.

At least that's how the pro's do it. I usually can't hold onto the commitment due to too many social events. I feel damned to 12% body fat myself.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

So when people say pull-ups build abs, are we talking about traditional pull-ups where you try to keep your body as still as possible and raise your chest to the bar? Those crazy looking kipping pull-ups? Another pull-up variation? All pull-up variations?

Comment

Originally posted by Tashimojo View Post
        So when people say pull-ups build abs, are we talking about traditional pull-ups where you try to keep your body as still as possible and raise your chest to the bar? Those crazy looking kipping pull-ups? Another pull-up variation? All pull-up variations?
        traditional pull-ups work great. i really think that squats may be the best though.

Comment

It took me a while for my abs to start to look good. I would say when I genuinely started to focus on pullups (like 50 a day) while doing pushups is where I started to turn the corner.

Comment

Working...
          X