Chest/shoulders never tired after workout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chest/shoulders never tired after workout

Unlike my legs, which are tired for like 20 hours after working out, my chest or shoulders never feel tired from the OP's and bench presses. Not even 10 seconds after working out. I really go to the limit though. Because of this it feels like I didn't really work those muscles..
    Is it normal that they don't feel tired and are they still worked?
    well then

are you going to failure? what rep range are you working at? what exercises are you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
      are you going to failure? what rep range are you working at? what exercises are you doing?
      I'm doing SS. So 3x5, sometimes this results in failure, sometimes it doesn't
      I guess you're familiar with SS?

Workout A
      Squats
      BP
      DL

Workout B
      Squats
      OP
      DL
      well then

Comment

if the weight is increasing, you know you're doing something right, and your chest and shoulders don't necessarily need to feel tired. but, if you want come away from a workout feeling beat, throw in some plyo pushups, pull ups and handstand work. you'll feel all of that.
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
          I'm doing SS. So 3x5, sometimes this results in failure, sometimes it doesn't
          I guess you're familiar with SS?

Workout A
          Squats
          BP
          DL

Workout B
          Squats
          OP
          DL
          i don't know what to tell you buddy... if you are OP and BP for 3 sets of 5 reps, and hitting failure on each set, then you should be exhausted by the end of a workout. there really isn't a good reason why you shouldn't be exhausted. that's the idea of going to failure. so are you saying you could do a 4th set of 5 reps? have you actually tried? maybe you're more exhausted than you think

Comment

i don't know what to tell you buddy... if you are OP and BP for 3 sets of 5 reps, and hitting failure on each set, then you should be exhausted by the end of a workout. there really isn't a good reason why you shouldn't be exhausted. that's the idea of going to failure. so are you saying you could do a 4th set of 5 reps? have you actually tried? maybe you're more exhausted than you think
            No I can't do a 4th set, unless the weight was too low of course. For example today, I did 3 sets, but could only manage 5, 4, and 3 reps. But afterwards it feels like nothing happened to my chest, although I couldn't bench press any more.
            well then

Comment

No I can't do a 4th set, unless the weight was too low of course. For example today, I did 3 sets, but could only manage 5, 4, and 3 reps. But afterwards it feels like nothing happened to my chest, although I couldn't bench press any more.
              sounds like you're lifting heavy enough. go home and eat a steak. do you ever feel sore? i mean, i would imagine that a novice lifter would feel some degree of DOMS. i've been lifting for 20 years and i still get sore all the time.

Comment

sounds like you're lifting heavy enough. go home and eat a steak. do you ever feel sore? i mean, i would imagine that a novice lifter would feel some degree of DOMS. i've been lifting for 20 years and i still get sore all the time.
                I wish I had these problems. Damn kids don't get tired or sore. Get off my lawn, Gadsie.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                  I wish I had these problems. Damn kids don't get tired or sore. Get off my lawn, Gadsie.
                  seriously...wtf? i can barely move whenever i do 3x5 and 5x5 programs as my main type of exercise.

Comment

seriously...wtf? i can barely move whenever i do 3x5 and 5x5 programs as my main type of exercise.
                    I kind of which that applied to me too. I would feel so much more "acomplished" but I almost never get sore. I only got sore the first 2 times I did SS. My legs are pretty much dead for the rest of the day though
                    well then

Comment

I kind of which that applied to me too. I would feel so much more "acomplished" but I almost never get sore. I only got sore the first 2 times I did SS. My legs are pretty much dead for the rest of the day though
                      just stick to it and keep eating. this is the type of program that's going to make you slap on some muscle. you're only 14, right? stick with this and you WILL see results

Comment

just stick to it and keep eating. this is the type of program that's going to make you slap on some muscle. you're only 14, right? stick with this and you WILL see results
                        Yup, I will keep doing this for probably a year or so. I'm currently on it for 1,5 month. I think I am seeing a little results already but this could also be imaginary
                        well then

Comment

What happens if you tense your chest muscles?

When I've done a chest workout I don't really feel sore doing ordinary stuff but if I tense my chest I feel the DOMS.

Comment

Rest longer between sets and you'll get that 5th rep. You shouldn't be stalling this early on the bench.

You won't get the same feeling you did from a bodybuilding split; that rubbery total exhaustion feeling. You DONT want to lift until failure, as recovery before the next session may be difficult. You won't feel much DOMS after the first few weeks, either. But if you can't do a 4th set, your muscles are tired.

As long as the weights are going up, the program is working.

Comment

I have the same thing. Squats/deads will wipe me out but not Bench. It simply doesn't hit enough of the body.

If you want to "feel the burn" do two sets of pushups to failure with a short break between after Bench/OHP.

Soreness doesn't define effort during, or possible gains from, a lift
                              I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Working...
                              X