Resistance training again...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistance training again...

I actually wore out my original Thera-band...it got rubber fatigue and snapped on me. Three times. I didn't know my own strength!

So I've invested in a new set of graduated-pull bands, one like I had, and two grades stiffer. LOVING them...why does such a simple exercise make me feel so GOOD?
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Kate:

What exercises do you do with them-standard pulls?

Comment

Originally posted by Terry H View Post
      Kate:

What exercises do you do with them-standard pulls?
      I imagine they are pretty standard...I've been using the one that broke for almost a year now, and just pulling however it feels good...over my head, at waist level, on each side, twisting at the waist, behind my neck, and as a stirrup-stretch for my legs while sitting down. The 3-pack came with some suggested uses too, and I'm going to try some of those...
      Best--
      Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Comment

Sounds good Kate. I still do a couple of heavy pulls but focus more on the flexibility aspect. They are so portable I use them along with clubbells on lunch breaks and pushups and/or squats using the cables on a door knob for help with balance. They are indeed a very useful tool. Here is Ido Portal with a nice routine which I've used and benefited from:
        Basic Shoulder ROM and stabilization Routine - YouTube

Scapula Mobilization Routine - YouTube

And just for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_eTg6gMTE0

He is also PALEO-ORIENTED nutritionally speaking.
        Last edited by Terry H; 06-05-2012, 06:19 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Sounds good Kate. I still do a couple of heavy pulls but focus more on the flexibility aspect. They are so portable I use them along with clubbells on lunch breaks and pushups and/or squats using the cables on a door knob for help with balance. They are indeed a very useful tool. Here is Ido Portal with a nice routine which I've used and benefited from:
          Basic Shoulder ROM and stabilization Routine - YouTube

Scapula Mobilization Routine - YouTube

And just for fun:

Self- Dominance - YouTube

He is also PALEO-ORIENTED nutrionally speaking.
          Thanks for the links!

Yep, I love the portability...I even tuck one in a suitcase when I travel. I don't take my little barbells!

I fold them once or twice if I want more resistance.

What's cool is that I had a weird muscle thing a couple of times...as if I'd torn a muscle in my upper arm just be turning a knob that was stuck. Now, no problems, knock wood!
          Best--
          Kate

Comment

Oh that is SO not happening! I wish...
            Best--
            Kate

Comment

Oh that is SO not happening! I wish...

I must say that I too am admiring that part. performance from afar-----very afar!

Comment

I did a cartwheel not all THAT many years ago and about broke both wrists! <G>
                Best--
                Kate

Comment

Working...
                X