Another year, another Spartan Race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another year, another Spartan Race

My time this year was between 40 and 45 minutes vs last year's time of 61 min. (Can't find where to check my official time yet.) My buddy did it in just under 30 minutes, placing him in the top 5 percentile, the bastard!

As per usual, it was awesome! Much more mud running this year, but no hills -- lowland marsh/woods vs ski hill. If one comes to a spot near you, go do it! It's fucking exhilarating.

MUD!
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Maybe I'll join in next year.

Comment

niiiiiice. i'm doing it in august. i'm hoping to come away will all my bones intact this time around.

40 minutes is pretty great...especially in long sleeves. did you have to do any burpees?
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Nope: did the rope, men's side of the tall wall, hit the spear throw.

The barbed wire mud gauntlet was 150 metres long, though. It was absolutely fucking brutal. Worst part by far.

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Friends of mine just did the one in NY this weekend. They had a blast! Totally jealous. I heard it was pretty brutal and painful though!!!

Comment

Looking to do the Illinois Spartan at the end of October. Any chicago area peeps interested in getting a team together??

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Nicely done! I did one in Navasota, TX about a year and a half ago, very fun!

Comment

Thanks, all, and grats to those who've recently done one! Lots of fun. I wish the Super Spartan hadn't been the next weekend. I mighta tried that one, but I ain't touchin' the Beast.

Not yet.

Comment

I'm guessing this was sprint distance (~3miles)?
                    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Yeah, it was the Sprint. Ottawa's also getting The Beast on June 30. Too insane for me.

Comment

My partner is planning on doing a sprint distance one in Calgary this year, and I'm trying to decide if I'm crazy enough to join him. How bad is it?
                        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Not that bad. Depends on your fitness level. Buddy of mine did it in 40 min. Fastest was 27 min, but the guy was insane. Just ran through everything. Other friends of mine did it as a couple and finished in 1h20m, which probably placed them about average.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                            The barbed wire mud gauntlet was 150 metres long, though. It was absolutely fucking brutal. Worst part by far.
                            My quads cramped horribly when I was done with that obstacle. I had to walk SLOWLY because they felt absolutely horrible. I think it was that they got to rest since I decided to use mostly upper body to make it more annoying (like it wasn't bad enough already) and because I wasn't concerned with the time.

I skipped this year, not really due to that but just things didn't line up.
                            I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                              Not that bad. Depends on your fitness level. Buddy of mine did it in 40 min. Fastest was 27 min, but the guy was insane. Just ran through everything. Other friends of mine did it as a couple and finished in 1h20m, which probably placed them about average.
                              I took close to two hours for it, because my friends were crapping out and we all wanted to finish together. I could have done it in under 1 but I wasn't complaining about the breaks either. After all our team name was "pace yourself" based on a drinking related inside joke.
                              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Working...
                              X