Help with my flat ass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ommmmaggie,
    I can totally relate to your sorrow. as, at one time, I too was with flat ass i'm your height, 5 "10", 148pds approx., 15-17% body fat. But, last Fall I was 138pds (unknown bf) and worked with a personal trainer.
    I pumped heavy once a week , very heavy, cried sometimes and eat, eat a lot, too much (gained over 20pds) but in the long run, ..........it was all worth it as I grew muscle and today my butt is finally "coming in"...very pleased. PUMP HEAVY!

Comment

Originally posted by BananaLeaf View Post
      You may want to do a review of your posture. Take a look at Esther Gokhale's book. Many people tuck their pelvis when standing which gives the ass a flat appearance and is also bad posture.
      Ding ding ding. The other advice is great in general, but the bottom line is that you need to learn how to stand and walk with an anterior pelvic tilt.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Depth in the squat may be the issue, but it may just be the fact that you need to really begin to use much heavier weights. If you are mostly doing bodyweight exercises it will probably not be enough stimulus.

Have you tried using dumbbells and going as low as possible with good form?

You may also respong better to deadlifts.
        The blog: Lean Ape

100 Steps To YOUR perfect Body

Comment

Fuck yeah. My butt sticks out in that tight, perfect C shape. Didn't do that until I started heavy lifting with squats and deadlifts.

You have to get used to the squats initially in order to perfect your form, so just start out doing just bar on all the exercises until you get it right. I don't see how, with proper form, your tailbone would hurt.

To the person who does the 300lb squat press: most likely because you're doing a front squat. Those utilize your legs a lot more than a back squat because it works fewer muscles overall, especially in the hip area. You might want to switch to back squats for a while?
          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Well, the Sir Mix-A-Lot prescription -- red beans and rice -- isn't very primal...

Comment

I had the same problem up until recently. I stopped deadlifting/squatting and started doing more sprints. It turns out sprints are the key to both leg strength and a muscular ass.
              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

One more reason I need to start sprinting! When I lost the weight my ass fell off!

Comment

If you want those glutes, you need to study up on Bret Contreras' techniques.

Bret Contreras Glute Training

I'm willing to bet that by the time you get a 225 pound hip thrust, you'll have buns that will turn heads from a mile away...

Check out those videos while you are there and notice what all those women have in common
                  http://stackingplates.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                    I had the same problem up until recently. I stopped deadlifting/squatting and started doing more sprints. It turns out sprints are the key to both leg strength and a muscular ass.
                    Awesome news! I can do sprints anywhere. Back to it! What are you doing weekly? One ten-minute set, or more often than that?

Stats as of 3/1/12:
                    5'10" female, 38 y/o
                    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
                    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
                    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
                    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Comment

Originally posted by ommmmaggie View Post
                      Awesome news! I can do sprints anywhere. Back to it! What are you doing weekly? One ten-minute set, or more often than that?
                      I've kind of just been doing them whenever I feel like it. I might do 3 or 4 all out sprints every other day some weeks and skip them entirely on others. I usually go with trail/hill sprinting though because I have this nasty habit of falling on flat roads when I get up to the really high speeds. Or at least I did back when I wore regular shoes.
                      Another thing which might have contributed is that I've been taking the stairs three at a time whenever I come across them. I don't generally need to use stairs though so I'm not sure about that one.
                      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Working...
                      X