What Do You Guys Do For Play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Guys Do For Play?

Mark talks a lot about how he likes to get active by doing things that feel more like playing than work. I love his quote from the Tom Woods interview: "I do two hard workouts a week; they take anywhere from 17 to 35 minutes. I do one sprint workout a week. I fill the rest of the time in with play. I try to find ways that I can move my body to have fun; not to be staring at some LED readout hoping I get up to 475 to earn a bagel when I get home."

So, with that theme in mind, I wanted to ask what you guys do for play? Personally, I've been going on walks, playing frisbee, and shooting hoops (hopefully rock climbing will be next).

Play with our 3 dogs
    Float around in the pool
    Read (especially this site
    Zip to the coast
    Shop & decorate

Comment

I sword fight and hike.
      I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
      My Journal

Comment

Five Hundred, Eurchre, Bridge, Cribbage, Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, Bohnanza, Magic the Gathering, Tantrix, Scrabble, Pictionary...

The possibilities are endless.

Right?
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Walk my dog and/or play with him at the park.

Comment

On occasion, hike/backpack. Otherwise, nothing really physical
            "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Gardening, entertaining the child (pool, Zoo, parks, bike, etc), Zumba & hiking when I have time....
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I threw my van tire around the garden in the sun today!

Comment

Indoor soccer 1x/week
                  Yard/park with 2 and 4yo children
                  Nightly walk with family
                  "Rambles" where I walk aimlessly with the kids exploring outside

Comment

Windsurfing when it's windy, motorcycling when it's not.

Comment

Gardening. Grow your own healthy food and get great exercise. Oh and I hve a farm so: chase animals, pound fenceposts, split and stack firewood, haul brush. We made lifestyle choices that forced us to be more active on a daily basis. Is there something you pay someone else to do that you could do yourself that would be physical?

Comment

Mall rat.

Comment

Pajama Wrestling
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I think it is ironic that play has been the most difficult part of the blueprint for me to adjust to. Here are the things that I have done to play more.

-Hiking
                            -toting the kids in bike and/or wagon to their activities
                            -repairing my wood shop and slowly rediscovering my love of wood working (I am about to start a canoe. woot!)
                            -soon, regular canoeing on local waterways.

Comment

Smashball

Comment

Working...
                              X