Sprinting without a timer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprinting without a timer?

Does anyone do interval sprinting without a timer? Or do people count in their heads? I don't want to have to wear anything on my sprinting.

I usually sprint at parks with soccer fields, I pick out a distance, usually 40 or 50 yards and do those. Sprint, walk back, repeat.

Comment

Fartlek traing, run between telephone poles, sprint up a hill walk down....lots of options.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

I run as hard as I can until I can't run that hard anymore.

Comment

Sprint between points (poles, signs, trees, whatever) instead of by a timer. I usually warm up by walking. During my warmup, I just pick out objects to run between.

Comment

full sprint, wait till you catch your breath, full sprint, repeat as needed
            I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Originally posted by abexman View Post
              Does anyone do interval sprinting without a timer? Or do people count in their heads? I don't want to have to wear anything on my sprinting.
              I just imagine there is someone I want to kill badly who I need to catch and bring to justice right now. Works for me. I don't time justice.

Comment

All that's necessary is to listen to the body - it will make it extremely clear that you're not really sprinting anymore - at that point, stop.

Comment

Originally posted by billp View Post
                  I just imagine there is someone I want to kill badly who I need to catch and bring to justice right now. Works for me. I don't time justice.
                  I imagine I haven't eaten in a week, and I'm chasing down an antelope.

Comment

Originally posted by billp View Post
                    Hell yeah! Dude, I do the same thing. I imagine there's someone I just need to own like no other, get angry, and sprint. It's freeing in a weird sort of way.
                    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Comment

Originally posted by trekfan View Post
                      Hell yeah! Dude, I do the same thing. I imagine there's someone I just need to own like no other, get angry, and sprint. It's freeing in a weird sort of way.
                      Yes, its great, isn't it? I learned that technique from a favourite guru of mine, Nassim Taleb the old options trader turned philosopher. He wrote about natural stressors in his Why I Walk essay (http://www.fooledbyrandomness.com/whyIwalk.pdf), and how you need to be either running to catch something or running for your life, and it just clicked. He also does weightlifting, now around the 350lb mark for dead lifts. As gurus go he is on Facebook so is pretty accessible.

Comment

Is there a minimum distance to aim for? I often run in an urban area with nearby sports fields. I was running in the outfield of a nearby baseball field but now its full of flowers+bees. Granted I can try and run from them but I was thinking to switch to running the dirt infield, home plate to first base. It's shorter though than the full sprint I was doing from home plate thru the outfield.

Comment

I just finished doing soccer field sprints - goal post to goal post. A little bit longer than comfortable, but it helped me push. I had run for a couple of miles then did 8 of those. Sprint and walk back.

And there were plenty of clover flowers and bees. They didn't want to be squashed, so they moved out of the way w/o problems.

Now rather than imaging I was chasing someone down I imagined I was running away from a predator. There is probably something telling about what that means subconscioulsy, but I bet I don't want to know what that is...
                          Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

You sprint naked????? Awsome

Better add something useful, I sprint soccer field lenght, or as far as I can before I have to slow down, then squat till I can breath normalish and do it again.
                            You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

I use a huge set of stairs, by the time I get to the top I'm falling down gasping. Timing the next one is just about waiting till I think I can do it again without dying.
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Working...
                              X