Why am I SO weak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I SO weak?

So i did my first SS routine today, did my Deadlift warmups and when I was at my work sets i could only do 3x5 100 lbs.. 100LBS! Isn't that like equal to a bunch of air? On the starting strength website it says that a male my height and weight should be able to at least deadlift 125. I tried that but I had to bend my back which is obviously wrong. Do you think I'm doing something wrong because I can only deadlift 100 lbs or should I just progress from here on?
    well then

Without wanting to sound like an un-caring jackass, I thought the last thread you posted was your "Last time asking for workout routine critique"?

You need to stop asking questions and start doing some work.
    Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
    Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
    The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
    Brute Force Sandbags
    www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
    http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
      Without wanting to sound like an un-caring jackass, I thought the last thread you posted was your "Last time asking for workout routine critique"?

You need to stop asking questions and start doing some work.
      That's what I did, I just came back from the gym.
      well then

Comment

Im weak as f*** too. I know I have to start somewhere, like wall press ups from the PB fitness guide.

I guess I cant share any experience, only that ripped dudes seem to work harder than I do...
        I'll be back

Comment

That's a perfectly respectable starting point. And shouldn't you just be doing 1 set of 5 if you're following starting strength?
          If you consider yourself weak, it's probably because you're 14 and you've been weightlifting for 1 day. Let go of your ego and you'll soon be making great improvements.
          My Journal: Englishman In Oz, Skinny to Muscle in a Primal Way

Comment

Originally posted by Englishman in Oz View Post
            That's a perfectly respectable starting point. And shouldn't you just be doing 1 set of 5 if you're following starting strength?
            If you consider yourself weak, it's probably because you're 14 and you've been weightlifting for 1 day. Let go of your ego and you'll soon be making great improvements.
            Alright, aweosme. I was being laughed at today by the way by some dudes 'cause I was squatting en bench pressing with an empty barbll for the warming up. But yeah, I also got a compliment from another dude on the form of my squat
            And you're right, I should've done 1x5. I forgot..
            well then

Comment

There are two types of people in the world. People who are reasonable, and d*ckheads. Those "dudes" are the latter.

keep it up... fly under the radar... you'll get there.
              I'll be back

Comment

Uh, aren't you still a young teenager? Do you even have facial hair yet? If not, be patient and wait for the hormones to kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonmamma View Post
                  Uh, aren't you still a young teenager? Do you even have facial hair yet? If not, be patient and wait for the hormones to kick in.
                  Uhm, let's say I have to shave once a month
                  well then

Comment

I agree with the others, it's because you are 14! My DH didn't really start gaining much muscle/strength until college, despite leading his football team in weight room hours and drinking protein drinks. Some people take longer than others to build strength.

Comment

You're still young, and it's your first day. Those guys laughing at you probably started off exactly like you. Stick with it, you'll build strength pretty quickly. Just make sure to increase the weight you lift each session.
                      "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                        Uhm, let's say I have to shave once a month
                        Hahahaha I'm 27, up until 25 I hardly had to shave.

Everybody starts somewhere, except for me though, first go round I deadlifted 350lbs, which is about the weight of a baby rhino.

Some of the above is made up.
                        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Damn, it's discouraging to read everybody saying starting strength will hardly give you any size on the bb forum..
                          Anyway, I'll continue
                          well then

Comment

Gadsie, you will gain strength very fast on those programs for a while. You literally will be putting on 5 lbs plate every workout. So, don't sweat your starting point, and go for it. Take it from someone who can see skinny male teens benching more than I can ever dream after 2 years of dedicated lifting on their first try. You are going to improve dramatically simply because you have the testosterone advantage.

Why are you doing 3x5 on 100 lbs anyway? It is one set of heavy deadlifts. One. It is enough to stimulate muscles. If you want to improve, do not F*K with the program.
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                              Why are you doing 3x5 on 100 lbs anyway? It is one set of heavy deadlifts. One. It is enough to stimulate muscles. If you want to improve, do not F*K with the program.
                              I know, I simply forgot..
                              Will do 1x5 from now on
                              well then

Comment

Working...
                              X