Rainy day cardio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainy day cardio

I need some ideas for indoor rainy day cardio (slow pace of course) I hate the treadmill it is the ultimate in boredome

Miniature trampoline. I had me one for a few months over last summer/fall, and when it rained I'd hop on that and walk, jog, run, or just plain bounce. It's quite fun, especially when you have some really good music on, because than you can bounce and really air guitar!

It did me fine on workouts, helped me get results, and was nice. Just watch those ceilings
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Comment

Try heavyhands. Take small 3 lb weights and walk to and fro while watching TV. Swing the wieghts as you go, up over your head with exaggerated arm swings. Then stand in one spot and pretend like you are pushing yourself along on Xcountry skis ie swing both weights up in front then down past your waist to the back as you bend forward and bend and straighten the knees. It will take you a few minutes to get the hang of it. Then swing the wieghts in from of you in a sideways figure 8 while swaying at the hips - you be surprized how tiring it is to do these for long - also no limit to the variety of moves. Dumbbell swings, shadow boxing etc - all while watching your favourite program
      or you can google shovel glove and try that.

Comment

jump rope? if you have the room
        http://www.cantneverdidanything.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Drmike View Post
          I need some ideas for indoor rainy day cardio (slow pace of course) I hate the treadmill it is the ultimate in boredome
          BODY BY SCIENCE (VIDEO 3): “CARDIO”
          AEROBIC CONDITIONING AND SKILL CONDITIONING

Comment

why not go outside?

Comment

Nothing wrong with going for a walk in the rain. Very primal. Carry a kettlebell to make it heavier if you like.

Comment

If we didnt' go outside in the rain, we wouldn't go outdoors about 2/3 of the year. lol

Comment

jumprope. burpees. make up a little circuit of pushups/pullups/bodyweight squats.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                    If we didnt' go outside in the rain, we wouldn't go outdoors about 2/3 of the year. lol
                    ^^

As a Brit, I only count thunderstorms and black ice as 'rainy days'. Luckily those kinds of days are very few. But if I avoided rain/hail/snow I'd never get out!

If I want to exercise on a 'rainy day' then I listen to fast-paced music while doing the housework. Or wall push-ups!
                    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
                    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
                    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
                    WOE: Primal + IF
                    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
                    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Comment

Get yourself a kettlebell and get to swinging!

Comment

I run stairs for sprints when it's too cold/wet out. For the less-intensive days I mostly dance around like a crazy person.

Comment

Originally posted by CaveWeirdo View Post
                          ^^

As a Brit, I only count thunderstorms and black ice as 'rainy days'. Luckily those kinds of days are very few. But if I avoided rain/hail/snow I'd never get out!

If I want to exercise on a 'rainy day' then I listen to fast-paced music while doing the housework. Or wall push-ups!
                          Huh, thundershowers are the only kind of rain that I actually enjoy. The regular rain around here (which never ends) bugs me because I can never find a plastic bag to put my money in.
                          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

I personally prefer to go outside during rain. I listen to heavy metal on my ipod. When I finish I feel badass...like Leonidas from 300. However, one time I got caught in a thunderstorm and the rain broke my last ipod...

Since I know that opinion doesn't help you, I have come to realize that 20 minutes of solid body weight drills is a good cardio substitute.

Also, one thing I did back in the day way before primal was ride my stationary bike while playing a game of NCAA Football 2004 on my Xbox. I would put the resistance all the way up and do that twice a day. It would take an hour each time and burn 500 calories according to the machine. Looking back it was definitely chronic cardio though...I never had a 6 pack as a result but my legs were rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                              Huh, thundershowers are the only kind of rain that I actually enjoy. The regular rain around here (which never ends) bugs me because I can never find a plastic bag to put my money in.
                              I don't see why the Maritimes are even part of Canada. Seems more an extension of Devon and Scotland than anything else. All the other places round there are more independent, like the Faroes, Greenland an Iceland. Doesn't look much in common with Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X