No announcement yet.

How Have Vibram FiveFingers helped you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a pair of Bikila LS, wear them to work (internet companies, for the win) at times. Get a few comments and stares, but have also tried to spread the word a bit to. I like to wear them when hiking over rocks. Kinda hurts, but, in a good way.

I always have worn the socks with them, but, yeah, $ 10 per pair of socks seems kinda harsh. $ 100+ on shoes never really bothered me, and I understand due to the complexity involved you can't expect a costco 6 pack for 7.99 but still, that's kinda steep. Will probably try experimenting with cutting down the toes of some cheap ankle socks to see if I can make those work.

Comment

I bought them last December because I have had knee problems the last few years. They have been great! My knee usually hit with pain after 1.5miles. I recently made it up to 4.2miles with no pain. Also my calves look much nicer

Comment

I've ordered Jaya lr .. Can't wait 'til they get here.

Comment

Wow, they came today, very comfy and cute..I got the almond/copper ones.

Comment

I have KSOs. I wear socks with them because otherwise I get blisters and they get too sweaty. They get too sweaty even with socks so if I work out in them I have to take them off to dry out my feet. I can't just keep on wearing them. When it's cold outside they are very cold to wear, painfully so sometimes. I can't walk across wet grass without my feet getting completely soaked through instantly so they're not good for wet conditions. I hurt my calves every time I go running in them. I can't seem to get the hang of it. When I walk in them my morton's neuroma can be felt on the bottom of my foot in a strange and uncomfortable manner. Sounds like I hate them, huh, but I don't. I feel like I'm having fun when I wear them so I'm even thinking of getting another pair. The best thing is that when I wear them in my core-fitness class I think they really help a lot for the balance exercises. Makes the exercises more challenging and thus improves my balance better.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

So true about your feet staying cool, almost cold, in them.
              They worked great on the treadmill, tho.

Comment

I'm likely going to get a couple of moves and a couple of others and then injinji footwear for the moves for winter weather which is wet and that might keep my toes a little bit more dry.

Comment

encavassy

sri-lanka
                  russian-federation
                  peru
                  cote-divoire
                  tonga

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I just had to share this. 1410294208699.jpg
                    My right foot yesterday morning, before Fivefingers
                    1410294258644.jpg
                    Same foot this morning, after wearing KSO's for about 8 hours yesterday.

I am simply amazed. I hoped for an improvement in my bunion, but I did not expect anything so soon. I'm going to continue to wear these ugly shoes for at least a few hours every day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Yeah old thread blah blah, but.

I was just told my shoes were "sick" by a group of young lads. That's London for "cool".

That's how I've benefited form my VFF!

Comment

I haven't gotten many comments on mine, only from a couple of women at the Uggs outlet store - they wanted to know if they were comfortable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

I can't stop meeting people when I wear them. Everybody approaches me, everywhere I go. And I don't have the most wildly-neon-colored ones by a long shot.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            I can't stop meeting people when I wear them. Everybody approaches me, everywhere I go. And I don't have the most wildly-neon-colored ones by a long shot.
                            They're definitely a conversation piece. Although they are far more common nowadays than when I got my first pair nearly 8 years ago, so lots of people have seen them at this point

Comment

Working...
                            X