Tor's 100 Pushup challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor's 100 Pushup challenge

When the 100 pushup challenge thread was posted a while back, I wasn't ready to do it back then. Well five weeks ago I was ready. I remember Grumpy Old Caveman saying that six weeks was not enough time to work up to 100. I just wanted to post my progress and get ready to report how I do in a week and a half. I am 2/3 way through week 5 as of this morning. Blown away by how many pushups I did this morning. After totalling up the sets, found I did 190 push ups this morning over 8 sets in about 15 minutes. 190, you have to be kidding me. Here how it has gone for my max's so far

Starting 14
    End of week 2 28
    End of week 4 55
    End of week 5 ?

I have doubled each time, who knows, maybe I will be able to to 100 at the end of week 5, Take that Grumpy.
    Last edited by TorMag; 05-04-2012, 03:14 AM.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Nice job, awesome beard.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Thanks, but the pic's not me. Actor named Dan Haggerty who played the role of Grizzly Adams in the '70s. Guys here at work joke around and call me Grizzly Adams hence using the foto for my Avatar.

My Journal
      My Journal

Comment

lol, indeed, I know who Grizzly Adams is/was.

Comment

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
          lol, indeed, I know who Grizzly Adams is/was.
          I don't know, sometimes you have to spell things out to Bama fans.

My Journal
          My Journal

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
              Ouch.
              War Eagle.....

My Journal
              My Journal

Comment

When you're doing your max do you just go for max without stopping or do you lean back on your legs like you're doing a calf stretch to rest and then keep going?

Comment

So far for the max I have kept going on. Will see if that changes this weekend when I max test again....

My Journal
                  My Journal

Comment

Tor - that is amzing progress, I'm up from abot 17 to 39 last week following Mark's PBF been about 8 weeks. Need to know what you are doing to get this progress
                    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
                      Tor - that is amzing progress, I'm up from abot 17 to 39 last week following Mark's PBF been about 8 weeks. Need to know what you are doing to get this progress
                      Rob, I have just been following the progressions in the 100 pushup challenge found here.

one hundred push ups

My Journal
                      My Journal

Comment

Go for it Tor! Hitting 100 push ups is a very satisfying goal when you reach it.
                        "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
                        Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

Great work!
                          "Your actions speak to me so loud, I can not hear a single word you are saying."

Comment

Originally posted by TorMag View Post
                            Rob, I have just been following the progressions in the 100 pushup challenge found here.

one hundred push ups
                            Thanks, Ive booked marked it pity the pull up version isn't available on-line as that's my weak point right now.
                            You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
                              Thanks, Ive booked marked it pity the pull up version isn't available on-line as that's my weak point right now.
                              Mine too. Right now, my max pull ups = 0. How am I to progress from there........ Although, I have not tried any pull ups since starting this push up thing....

My Journal
                              My Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X