Tor's 100 Pushup challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffdv View Post
    Yes, of course there is a story there, and many laughs at my expense, mostly from my wife!! :-D We were watching my daughter's soccer game one Saturday morning and at halftime we needed to go to the trashcan about 50 yards away. I asked my wife if she wanted to race over there and she said no, as usual. Also as usual I egged her on and talked her into it. On the way back some dude just walked out in front of us. I made it around him but it put me behind in the race. In exerting maximum effort to catch up and win I lost it and bit the dust. Somehow I landed with my elbow jammed into my ribs and I was hurting. My wife just laughed at me every time I moved and moaned and groaned for a couple of weeks and reminded me that she won!!! Now that I'm back in action she won't race me at all. HA!

On the push ups vs pull ups. My primal friend, who is a much lighter build than I am, weighs about 160 and is about the same height can do like 8-10 pull ups but can't do 20 push ups in a shot. It is weird how people seem to be able to do one or the other better.
    That is a good story, one you will never live down...... My daughter plays soccer too. What age group is yours?
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by TorMag View Post
      Thanks. Yes, this is from one hundred push ups . Tomorrow will be day 3 of week 6. I will then wait till Monday to do the final test. I also am doing kettlebells. I was originally doing the Enter the Kettlebell Minium program. 2 days a week 12 minute swings and two days a week of 5 minutes worth of Getups. I have since changed the swings to be HITT and doing them the Viking Warrior method (VW is applied to the snatch, but I thought I would do it with the swing) which is 15 sec's swing 15 sec's rest for 12 minutes. That is a killer.
      Actually my current w/o is the EtKB Minimum Program, go figure. I'll check out the VW method and do plan to tackle the pushup challenge...
      "I did it for money and for a woman. I didn't get the money, and I didn't get the woman"

Comment

Originally posted by Dice Monkey View Post
        Actually my current w/o is the EtKB Minimum Program, go figure. I'll check out the VW method and do plan to tackle the pushup challenge...
        Doing the HITT Swings requires an HITT timer. If you have a smart phone, just go to the app store and search on HITT you will find many free ones. Allows you set your intervals and time of work out. I have it on my android phone, so I listen to some heavy rock for this workout and every 15 sec's a buzer goes off for a total of 12 minutes. Great stuff. If you don't have a smart phone google Gymboss.

My Journal
        My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by TorMag View Post
          That is a good story, one you will never live down...... My daughter plays soccer too. What age group is yours?
          She is 5thgrade, U12 I think. She got on a really great team, undefeated the last 2 seasons. 7 months of primal has really upped her game too.

Comment

t
            Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
            It would have been super cool to form tackle him and still beat your wife, just sayin'.
            Dude, I totally could have taken his ass right out! That was the last thought that went through my head as I ate the dirt.

Comment

Last set day of workouts until the final test. I managed to pull out 277 total. Sets looked like

It was tough today. I worked out last night and was really hurting this morning. Ok, 72 hours until the test to see if I can do a 100 straight. Will attempt it Monday morning.

My Journal
              My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Buffdv View Post
                t

Dude, I totally could have taken his ass right out! That was the last thought that went through my head as I ate the dirt.
                At times like that, you really want a do over a la Groundhog Day, right?

GO TORMAG!
                If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                  At times like that, you really want a do over a la Groundhog Day, right?

GO TORMAG!

HA!! That would be SWEET!!!

Comment

Do you guys know that there's an app for One Hundred Pushups? I think it was $0.99 when I got it. I love it because you just put in your numbers and it tells you how many to do each day, when to do a test, and keeps a graph of your progress, as well as cumulative count for the whole program. Maybe I'll try it out again since I got derailed the first time (wedding, deployment, move). My husband can do a million pushups since he's in the army - I have to try and catch up!
                    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
                    Starting weight - 170 lbs
                    9/4 body fat - 33%
                    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

Comment

I DID IT!!!!!!!! 101 non stop pushups. The 100 pushup challenge works. I got to say, the last 20 this morning were really tough, but I pushed through. I did fall flat on my face on the 101.....

My Journal
                      My Journal

Comment

Well done, that is really impressive. I'm going to give the 100 challenge a go myself - currently max out at about 20 so a lot of improvement needed!

re: pullups. They are much harder and IMO a lot more technique is involved. Using your arms less and your back more makes it easier although in my case I couldn't do even one proper pullup until I had got my bodyfat down a fair amount. They generally use different muscles from the pushups so they probably won't help - HOWEVER I have noticed that both pushups & pullups when done properly (slowly & with good form) are excellent core (abs) exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by zilog View Post
                          Well done, that is really impressive. I'm going to give the 100 challenge a go myself - currently max out at about 20 so a lot of improvement needed!

re: pullups. They are much harder and IMO a lot more technique is involved. Using your arms less and your back more makes it easier although in my case I couldn't do even one proper pullup until I had got my bodyfat down a fair amount. They generally use different muscles from the pushups so they probably won't help - HOWEVER I have noticed that both pushups & pullups when done properly (slowly & with good form) are excellent core (abs) exercises.
                          Thanks, Pullups are next on my list of things to accomplish.

My Journal
                          My Journal

Comment

Good job, TorMag. Now get to work on pull-ups.
                            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Great job! Way to show us how it's done.
                              "I did it for money and for a woman. I didn't get the money, and I didn't get the woman"

Comment

Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
                                Thanks, Ive booked marked it pity the pull up version isn't available on-line as that's my weak point right now.
                                Ditto. It has always been for me as well.
                                I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.

Comment

Working...
                                X