No announcement yet.

My personal trainer's advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoe: Ty for your input, if it weren't for the machines I wouldn't know how to work my back or shoulders. I use the free weights to do basic tri, bicep exercises that I know.

My little sister is 16 and her generation is more structured in their free time it seems. She has guitar, ice skating, etc. So when G says he has a personal trainer it seems normal to me, whereas it wouldn't have been when I was his age. You're right he's not spoiled for having one. As you said some kids have dance lessons some a personal trainer.

Comment

samira:

the kind of workout that you are doing -- isolation exercises -- tend to be a rather inefficient way of training unless you are trying to get a certain look for competitions.

a simple program of 6-8 movements should be fine.

squats, dead lifts, chin ups (or pull downs with a machine using a chin up grip), overhead press, bench, and row are the big 6, and then I like to add weighted crunches and side bends to it just for fun.

This works the whole system in a compound way, so you hit the shoulders, chest, back, torso/midsection, and legs completely. It's also pretty efficient. takes me about 30 minutes twice a week when i was training with weights.

Comment

Gadsie: The 60g of protein thing is absolute bullshit. Even if it isn't bullshit, it's absolutely retarded to attempt to space your food out a certain way if it isn't convenient or enjoyable for you.

zoebird: I cannot help but compliment your posts. The first one was near perfect and in the second one it was nice to learn that you played a variant of the world's greatest and purest sport (baseball, of course) as a kid.

billp: I'm sorry your parents were unable to provide "structurt" activities for you. This doesn't mean you should resent someone who has this privilege.

billp, I think I'm going to list the activities my parents provide for me.
        This summer, they are providing advanced math, science and English classes for me.
        They pay for the renting fee of an airplane as well as a flight instructor when "requirt."
        They have paid for me to play on elite travel baseball teams. That is not cheap by any means.
        They will be paying for the martial arts training which I am getting an interest in.
        They've paid for numerous other activities over the years.

I don't have more "structurt," "parent-fundt" activities than most kids. Even if I had 10x more "parent-fundt" activities, it wouldn't make me "spoilt." You become "spoilt" from having your every need taken caret of your entire life. You won't become "sploit" from having your parents pay a few bucks for a personal trainer.

You know, maybe if your parents had taken your livelihood a little more seriously you would know how to spell. They should have gotten you a tutor to help you out. Remember, "practise" makes perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by steaknchop View Post
          gadsie: The 60g of protein thing is absolute bullshit. Even if it isn't bullshit, it's absolutely retarded to attempt to space your food out a certain way if it isn't convenient or enjoyable for you.

Zoebird: I cannot help but compliment your posts. The first one was near perfect and in the second one it was nice to learn that you played a variant of the world's greatest and purest sport (baseball, of course) as a kid.

Billp: I'm sorry your parents were unable to provide "structurt" activities for you. This doesn't mean you should resent someone who has this privilege.

Billp, i think i'm going to list the activities my parents provide for me.
          This summer, they are providing advanced math, science and english classes for me.
          They pay for the renting fee of an airplane as well as a flight instructor when "requirt."
          they have paid for me to play on elite travel baseball teams. That is not cheap by any means.
          They will be paying for the martial arts training which i am getting an interest in.
          They've paid for numerous other activities over the years.

I don't have more "structurt," "parent-fundt" activities than most kids. Even if i had 10x more "parent-fundt" activities, it wouldn't make me "spoilt." you become "spoilt" from having your every need taken caret of your entire life. You won't become "sploit" from having your parents pay a few bucks for a personal trainer.

You know, maybe if your parents had taken your livelihood a little more seriously you would know how to spell. They should have gotten you a tutor to help you out. Remember, "practise" makes perfect!
          ^^this^^
          Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
          X