Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Barefooting"--Am I Doing It Right??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "Barefooting"--Am I Doing It Right??

    Barefooting--with shoes lol

    A week ago, I bought some Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats because I was going out partying in heelies, and wanted to be able to hop out of them sooner than the end of the night. They're basically a flimsy, thin soled flat (a bit of a rubber sole, but only enough to keep your skin from contacting concrete). I enjoyed wearing them so much, that I wear them out and around now like a regular shoe. I wear a size 9 shoe, and the size I have for these is a 9/10 so they are a little larger than my foot, so there's plenty room for my toes to wiggle around. It feels like I'm basically barefoot when I'm wearing these.

    Yay, nay??

  • #2
    those look pretty good. if they allowed your toes to flare out, they would be great. all in all, though, i'd say they are a good barefoot option.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

    Comment


    • #3
      I swear by my Merrell Wonder Gloves. Yes they're hella expensive, but they're cute, durable and appropriate for work or casual. I have two pair - Black and Aluminum. The advantage of these is what PrimalRob said - the toe box has enough room for your toes to flare out naturally. And the Vibram sole is durable while still being thin enough to give you some sensory input. They also have other versions that don't have the strap across the instep if you want more of a ballet flat look.

      Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

      Comment


      • #4
        cool.

        technically, not barefooting according to barefooters because it is a shoe. But, it's a minimalist shoe, so it's pretty close to barefooting.

        i don't really think there's a right/wrong way to do it.

        Comment


        • #5
          My small toe was beginning to go UNDER my other toes, so I decided to try shoes with individual toes. Separating the toes is a hassle each morning, but once they're in place, the shoes feel comfortable the rest of the day. Hopefully, the toe shoes will get my toes back in alignment!

          Last edited by Chatty; 05-01-2012, 07:03 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Chatty View Post
            My small toe was beginning to go UNDER my other toes, so I decided to try shoes with individual toes. Separating the toes is a hassle each morning, but once they're in place, the shoes feel comfortable the rest of the day. Hopefully, the toe shoes will get my toes back in alignment!


            Just bought my first pair of vibrams and I got the Komodo sport LS... Can't wait to try them out !

            Comment


            • #7
              I bought a pair of toe spreaders when I started BFing and wearing VFF. They helped a lot.

              Amazon.com: Gel Flex Toes Toe Stretchers WITH SPARKLES: Health & Personal Care
              Randal
              AKA: Texas Grok

              Originally posted by texas.grok
              Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
              http://hardcoremind.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                thanks for the feedback, all! I have exclusively been wearing these shoes for a couple weeks now, and when I exercise i'm barefoot or using my vibrams. it seems I can flare my toes while wearing these; and I'm definitely noticing a difference in my gait and the way my feet feel. I feel like i'm walking more properly which is great. hopefully this will help my feet pain go away

                texas.grok, those gel flexers are cute! they look comfy too

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have a question for this topic. I have a pair of vibram kso's that I have been wearing around the house and occasionally exercising in. I had no problems before last week. On Monday I did a 3 mile run in the kso's and felt great. Tuesday morning both calves felt very sore, not pain, just like I worked muscles that hadn't been worked in a while. On wed. they were even worse, it hurt to even walk correctly. Thurs. was better but still sore. Friday was nearly normal, and the weekend was fine. I was stretching a lot, and drinking lots of water. Yesterday I decided to try sprinting in the kso's. I stretched out good but was feeling it again in the warmup but it loosened up during the sprints. Only the right one was sore last night and it felt ok this morning. After work today it is still a little sore but not bad but it has swelled up, not quite double the size of the left one. It doesn't really hurt but I'm a little freaked out about it. I am doing a charity 5k on Saturday and can't really rest too much. Any thoughts on why or what to do about it?
                  There's a man who walks beside me, he is who I used to be, and I wonder if she sees him and confuses him with me.
                  Jason Isbel

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i'd say they are a good barefoot option.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rynamo View Post
                      I have a question for this topic. I have a pair of vibram kso's that I have been wearing around the house and occasionally exercising in. I had no problems before last week. On Monday I did a 3 mile run in the kso's and felt great. Tuesday morning both calves felt very sore, not pain, just like I worked muscles that hadn't been worked in a while. On wed. they were even worse, it hurt to even walk correctly. Thurs. was better but still sore. Friday was nearly normal, and the weekend was fine. I was stretching a lot, and drinking lots of water. Yesterday I decided to try sprinting in the kso's. I stretched out good but was feeling it again in the warmup but it loosened up during the sprints. Only the right one was sore last night and it felt ok this morning. After work today it is still a little sore but not bad but it has swelled up, not quite double the size of the left one. It doesn't really hurt but I'm a little freaked out about it. I am doing a charity 5k on Saturday and can't really rest too much. Any thoughts on why or what to do about it?
                      how long have you been doing barefoot? sound slike you still need some adjustment time to the barefoot thing. take it easy for a bit and gradually work your way up.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                        Barefooting--with shoes lol

                        A week ago, I bought some Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats because I was going out partying in heelies, and wanted to be able to hop out of them sooner than the end of the night. They're basically a flimsy, thin soled flat (a bit of a rubber sole, but only enough to keep your skin from contacting concrete). I enjoyed wearing them so much, that I wear them out and around now like a regular shoe. I wear a size 9 shoe, and the size I have for these is a 9/10 so they are a little larger than my foot, so there's plenty room for my toes to wiggle around. It feels like I'm basically barefoot when I'm wearing these.

                        Yay, nay??
                        I've been looking at Walmarts for something similar to this! I'm stopping at Walgreens on my way home to get some! Thanks!!
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Fast Flats have been my go to shoe for a year now! Whenever I'm not barefoot or in boots (I can't barefoot or vibram for about 6 months of the year here in Northern Canada! ha ha) I'm in these. I'm lucky that I was always a barefoot kid, and naturally bought shoes/boots half a size to a whole size bigger than CW measurements. Unfortunately it has resulted in wide wide "man feet", and I can't fit into most dainty high heels. *pout*
                          The more I see the less I know for sure.
                          -John Lennon

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I am a runner and get bigger shoes to avoid black toe. but they're running shoes with a heel drop. Excited to get these tonight and start wearing them.
                            Primal since March 5, 2012
                            SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                              I've been looking at Walmarts for something similar to this! I'm stopping at Walgreens on my way home to get some! Thanks!!
                              awesome! glad I could help! they even come with a cute pouch!

                              Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
                              Fast Flats have been my go to shoe for a year now! Whenever I'm not barefoot or in boots (I can't barefoot or vibram for about 6 months of the year here in Northern Canada! ha ha) I'm in these. I'm lucky that I was always a barefoot kid, and naturally bought shoes/boots half a size to a whole size bigger than CW measurements. Unfortunately it has resulted in wide wide "man feet", and I can't fit into most dainty high heels. *pout*
                              awesome! I already have wide wide man feet lol so that's not something I'm too worried about hehe! and I feel your pain girl! i can wear heelies nowadays, but when i was younger, in middle school and the like, my feet just couldnt fit

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X