Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workout = Dizzy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Workout = Dizzy?

    I just lifted for the first time in a few weeks. Life has just been busy. Didn't do anything super hard...
    Squat 4x5 @ 65, 75, 85, 90
    Pushups 4x10
    Alternate above
    Clean and Jerk 4x5@45, 50, 60, 65
    Dumbbell bench on exercise ball 4x10 @ 15each
    24 walking lunges

    I sat down to play with my kids right after and 3-4 minutes later got real dizzy. Even now, an hour later I'm still kind of hazy. Have had some water. Any idea why this would happen/how to avoid it?

  • #2
    low BP and low blood sugar are the usual first line suspects. try plenty of water next time (fluid volume being what would put me in this state).

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Bananabonobo View Post
      low BP and low blood sugar are the usual first line suspects. try plenty of water next time (fluid volume being what would put me in this state).
      My usual bp is 100/60. Is lifting likely to lower it? I still feel bad >2hrs later after eating and drinking. Ugh

      Comment


      • #4
        This happened to me the first week I started lifting. For me it was a combination of not having enough water before and after and holding my breath during some of the moves. I would have a headache afterwards too. The 2nd week I paid attention to that and I'm doing fine.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sugarcrystal8 View Post
          This happened to me the first week I started lifting. For me it was a combination of not having enough water before and after and holding my breath during some of the moves. I would have a headache afterwards too. The 2nd week I paid attention to that and I'm doing fine.
          Hmm, not holding my breath because I pay close attention to my breathing after being told I held my breath in college. My stomach has been off tonight as well, so maybe that's it. Heading to bed soon in hopes that makes it all better!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by teach2183 View Post
            My usual bp is 100/60. Is lifting likely to lower it? I still feel bad >2hrs later after eating and drinking. Ugh
            working out typically leads to vasodilation --> lower pressure, particularly if your overall fluid volume is low. theoretically drinking should fix this *fast* but it's not my experience that it does. try making sure you're hydrated well inadvance.

            Comment


            • #7
              Blood sugar levels I would suspect. What did you eat pre/post?

              Comment

              Working...
              X