Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INSANITY Workouts & Primal Nutrition

Hey Guys --

I've been Primal for 2 weeks now and am LOVING IT!!! I've done 2 rounds of P90X, then had a herniated disc back injury and am now doing Insanity (after 3 weeks of back recovery, 1 month of hybrid P90X/1-on-1 workouts). I'm on my first week of Insanity and was wondering if anyone has tried Primal nutrition while on the Insanity workouts

I do Insanity. I think it fits right in with being primal. The workouts are short and fun.

~Blog~

Comment

How'd you progress with your P90X rounds?

Comment

Zophie -- did you have to increase you carbs from the 100-150 range to 200-ish? What are you macronutrient ratios like?

fleet_fox -- I loved it. I was a ridiculous chronic cardio person before, so the first round was really about building strength & lean muscle, and the 2nd round was about killing it and really going for mass (started using weighted vest, etc). Now I'm doing INSANITY to try to get my body-fat under 10%. And I'm hoping PRIMAL takes me there too!

Comment

I think every body is a bit different. I found that for me keeping my carbs around 100 is best. I did have to up my fat though. I have even gone so far as to eat coconut oil right out of the jar. =)

Good luck with your goal! If you do what Mark says I know you will get there.

~Blog~

Comment

Hmmm... Interesting Zoe. I currently am taking FastTwitch pre-workout (15g carb / 0 g sugar), 1 scoop Vitargo during my workout (35g carb), and a post-workout drink that has 16g carb. That's pretty much my only non-natural food. Rest of the day is Big Ass Salads, Brussels sprouts, occassionally a grapefruit, meats/fish, some eggs, super-super clean. No grains, no dairy. I feel like I need a pre- intra-, and post-workout drink... Did you take anything like this during your Insanity journey?

Comment

I would ditch the supplements and just eat fruit pre/post workout.

Comment

Hmmm... OK. I like the the Caffeine/Creatine/Nitric Oxide boost in my pre-workout... My postworkout is like 16g carb / 10g protein with a bunch of glutamine, bcaa's, cortisol inhibitor.... You think it's better to ditch them all?

Comment

I think your money would be better spent on eating the highest quality food and more of it

Comment

2 rounds of p90x?!? Nice I just started my second round as well... do you have ur before and after pic you could share? would love to see your results!

Comment

I've looked into P90X. Do you do all your workouts in front of the TV with video? Or is there a written version?

Comment

@fleet_fox I do them along with the video. I suppose you could write out a script and do them on your own...but then you wouldn't get to enjoy Tony's wise crackin' LOL

Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

@fleet_fox it comes with a user guide that goes into the schedule and explains what each exercise is and what to do toward the back of the user guide. So you can definitely map it out. But, yeah, it's pretty straight forward on dvd.

Not done yet...

Comment

Here is a link to a spreadsheet I found online. I use it to not only track my progress, but as a substitute for 2 disks that won't play anymore.

http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/weight-...ead-sheet.html

Comment

CheriB, you can get replacement discs. If you need any help with that let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X