Attention Pull-up Enthusiasts!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Pull-up Enthusiasts!

My new book, Raising The Bar: The Definitive Guide to Pull-up Bar Calisthenics is now available on ebook! (Paper book coming soon.)

This book contains everything you ever wanted to know about training pull-ups, muscle-ups and every other bar exercise you can think of. Here is what Primal Blueprint author Mark Sisson has to say about the book:

“With Raising The Bar, Al Kavadlo has put forth the perfect primal pull-up program. Al’s progressions and demonstrations make even the most challenging exercises attainable. Anyone who is serious about pull-ups should read this book.”

Fans of Convict Conditioning should also note that Paul Wade wrote the forward to my new book. You can read the entire forward (and order a copy of the book!) by following this link.

Thanks to all the people from these forums who have supported me and given me encouragement these last couple of years. This is a big day for me!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

I'll be ordering one as soon as my move is complete next month. I just need to find a more secure bar than the door-mount one I've got.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the paper release. It'll be good to have for when the playgrounds unfreeze.
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

I just got an email from DD talking about the release. It looks like a great book Al, I'll be picking up a copy in the near future. Nice to see Mark giving you some much deserved respect as well.
        Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
        CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

Thanks, guys!
          "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

sigpic

Comment

Kindle edition?
            "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Comment

congrats Al! Sounds awesome, I'll order one soon.
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

I want that paper edition in my hands.
                Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                PS
                Don't forget to play!

Comment

Kick Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by JVib View Post
                    Kindle edition?
                    Hopefully at some point. Unfortunately, I don't get to make that decision. You should write to Dragon Door and let them know you want to see a Kindle version.

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                    congrats Al! Sounds awesome, I'll order one soon.
                    Thanks! You won't regret it!

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                    I want that paper edition in my hands.
                    So do I!

The paper book will be out in about a month. Hang in there!

Originally posted by Go-Pre View Post
                    Kick Ass!
                    Right on!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
                      Hopefully at some point. Unfortunately, I don't get to make that decision. You should write to Dragon Door and let them know you want to see a Kindle version.
                      I just wrote to Dragon Door. By the way, I got the Kindle Edition of your first book and it was fantastic.
                      "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Comment

Thanks for posting here- I have been checking out your website and really enjoy your philosophy... inspired my April goal of completing the pistol squat exercise. And well... it's a little tempting to set a very long term goal of completing one while standing on my horse's back. LOL, a lot needs to happen to pull that off.

But anyhow, thanks for injecting some fun into weight training and reminding me that there are worthwhile fitness goals to pursue that don't focus on weightloss.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by JVib View Post
                          I got the Kindle Edition of your first book and it was fantastic.
                          Thanks!

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                          Thanks for posting here- I have been checking out your website and really enjoy your philosophy... inspired my April goal of completing the pistol squat exercise. And well... it's a little tempting to set a very long term goal of completing one while standing on my horse's back. LOL, a lot needs to happen to pull that off.

But anyhow, thanks for injecting some fun into weight training and reminding me that there are worthwhile fitness goals to pursue that don't focus on weightloss.
                          Glad you dig my blog! Keep working that pistol!

sigpic

Comment

That was a great guest post you did Al. We all know you have a book out, and you didn't hard sell it. You did that post with true class, giving plenty of information freely, with a simple pointer to where more information is available.

It would be great if more in the health & fitness, or even the internet sales, industry could take a leaf from your book. It's little wonder your post was featured on the site.

All the best.
                            Live. Grow. Flourish.

My Journal/story is at http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread38948.html

Comment

Originally posted by phreebie View Post
                              That was a great guest post you did Al. We all know you have a book out, and you didn't hard sell it. You did that post with true class, giving plenty of information freely, with a simple pointer to where more information is available.

It would be great if more in the health & fitness, or even the internet sales, industry could take a leaf from your book. It's little wonder your post was featured on the site.

All the best.
                              Thanks for the kind words!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X