Protein Powder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein Powder

I am having trouble finding whey protein without Soy Leicithin..

Is that ok for Protein powder to haven
    that.

Where are you located? If you're in the NE USA, and have a Wegmans nearby, their brand is the absolute best.

Comment

This ingredient is found in numerous processed foods, and I don't consider it to be overly harmful in the grand scheme of things. This is especially true when you look at the small fraction of overall consumption we are talking about here with protein powders.

Some people have actually used it as a supplement because it’s high choline content which is an important water soluble nutrient associated with heart health and brain development. The only reason to even begin thinking of not choosing a product containing soy lecithin would be if you are overly sensitive to soy. It doesn't sound like that is the case here though...
      http://stackingplates.com/

Comment

I had the same problem. Check this one out:

Amazon.com: Natural Factors - Whey Factors Powder Drink Mix Chocolate - 2LB: Health & Personal Care

No growth hormones, no antibiotics, no soy. Very good quality stuff.
        Fighting Primal - A Savage Performance and Recovery Blog for Primal Combat Athletes

Comment

Originally posted by kevingeary View Post
          I had the same problem. Check this one out:

Amazon.com: Natural Factors - Whey Factors Powder Drink Mix Chocolate - 2LB: Health & Personal Care

No growth hormones, no antibiotics, no soy. Very good quality stuff.

Thanks Kevin, I am curious though, do is have artificial flavoring? Sucralose?

Comment

Originally posted by driftwood View Post
            I am having trouble finding whey protein without Soy Leicithin..

Is that ok for Protein powder to haven
            that.
            You could always just eat real food....
            Lifting Journal

Comment

Soy lecithin isn't a huge deal. the proteins are where the problems are. This is the absolute best Whey I've ever found, and it's really well referenced too:
              Upgraded Whey

Comment

Recently i bough a product for fill full protein lactate.

Comment

I recently purchased a protein powder made EXCLUSIVELY from peas! no other fillers, sweeteners etc, just pure peas....
                  Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
                  Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by badbunny View Post
                    I recently purchased a protein powder made EXCLUSIVELY from peas! no other fillers, sweeteners etc, just pure peas....
                    That sounds gross....
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

I ended up getting why from Sprouts Farmers Market. Pure Why Isolate, not sugars nothing.. tastes crappy but half a banana cures that.

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                        That sounds gross....
                        It is gross. My brother uses it because whey irritates his stomach. I tried it once. Just makes everything taste of peas. My bro doesn't mind the taste tho. I guess it's different strokes for different folks.
                        My Journal: Englishman In Oz, Skinny to Muscle in a Primal Way

Comment

Here you go:
                          Grass Fed Whey Protein and Natural Whey Protein Powder | Well Wisdom

Its cheaper from here though:
                          U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too.

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                            That sounds gross....
                            TBH it's only as gross as any protein powder, I mix it with a banana and a handful of berries and you don't really taste it. However when I add my spirulena powder also....well thats then gross
                            Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
                            Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by badbunny View Post
                              TBH it's only as gross as any protein powder, I mix it with a banana and a handful of berries and you don't really taste it. However when I add my spirulena powder also....well thats then gross
                              OK, I'll trust you on that! I don't think normal whey isolate mixed with whole milk is gross in any way though - just tastes like thick milk. Add choco and you've got a milkshake.
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Working...
                              X