grotesque condition, the tibia mystery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grotesque condition, the tibia mystery

the left lower tibial BONE, it's not shin splints, hurts very much when i sprint and jump. but when i walk, no pain.

it's the bone, man, and it's been lingering since last december. i'm out of action in rec league because i can't risk further injury.

i ruled out a stress fracture because there is no pain when i walk. it's not muscular because i know what that feels like.

it feels like the bone, man! but what could this be?!?!?

i rule out a bone bruise because there was never any impact to the bone. can i have a bone bruise without direct impact??

Sounds like something you should talk to a doctor about--there are a lot of things that could cause bone pain, and it sounds like the sort of thing that's better addressed by someone who can perform an exam than by a bunch of people on the internet.
    If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

i don't do doctors, you know that owly.

next insight.

Comment

i'd rather my leg fall off than go to a doctor about this.

Comment

Well, have fun with that then. That'll give you a chance to work on your pistols.
          If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

buahahahahahahahah ::guffaw::

Comment

Are your toe and knee in alignment? My kid had tibial torsion when he was a toddler, though it worked itself out later. But it did make his walking and running a little off - enough that it could cause discomfort if he was older.
              Durp.

Comment

yea, they're in alignment, what the?

come on, ritarose.

Comment

I'm serious! His left toe pointed toward the other foot just a bit and it made running harder!

Okay, I'll go play somewhere else...
                  Durp.

Comment

The symptoms you describe point to "bonus eruptus." It's a terrible disorder where the skeleton tries to leap out the mouth and escape the body. Our one chance is trans-dental electromicide. I'll need a golf cart motor with a 1000-volt capacimator. STAT!
                    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                      The symptoms you describe point to "bonus eruptus." It's a terrible disorder where the skeleton tries to leap out the mouth and escape the body. Our one chance is trans-dental electromicide. I'll need a golf cart motor with a 1000-volt capacimator. STAT!
                      Had me snort-laughing!
                      Durp.

Comment

My first thought is a stress fracture. How do other exercises that put extra stress on your tibia feeling? Squats/pistols/box jumps/etc?
                        "Its not about how strong you are, its how well you can move with that strength."

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
                          i don't do doctors, you know that owly.

next insight.
                          spur?

(still could be a stress fracture even tho you've ruled it out)

but you'll only know that from film...that those ppl in white coats look at...

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post

Comment

If you get one of these , hit the end and then place the stem at the head of the bone, you'll be able to feel if there is a stress fracture. If so, the solution is just to rest up anyway. I wish there were more good chiropractors out there. There are some great ones, and there are some really sucky ones. Get yourself to a good one and they can get you x-rayed and at least help you figure out what is going on. Could be a nerve/alignment issue that is making the bone ache so badly.
                              You don't have to be sick to get better.
                              Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                              Primal start: 1/2/2012
                              My Primal Journal
                              Living, loving and learning.

Comment

Working...
                              X