Always sore!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by federkeil View Post

That's not even a word. I look at you with stern derision.
    Grammatical oppression is totally Neolithic.
    Lifting Journal

Comment

Eucalyptus flavored Epsom salts
      Pro Massage
      walking
      resting
      honestly, some freakin Aleve. Sometimes the natural shit won't cut it.
      A change in perspective is worth 80 IQ points - Alan Kay

Comment

Originally posted by barefootbaby View Post
        Eucalyptus flavored Epsom salts
        Flavored? So do you eat these Epsom salts or bathe in them?

Totally agree though,... epsom salts work wonders!

Comment

To tfarny,

I agree that there is inherently nothing wrong with pushing the envelope for a period of time to maybe train for a competition or simply to look good at the beach. That said, we need to do it wisely. Overdoing anything for too long can and will lead to damage for example joint problems. This doesn't even take into consideration day to day fatigue etc. I don't know what age you are and that has much to do with ones goals. My goal now is to first and foremost feel great every day if not almost every single day. I'm talking about bouncing out of bed in the morning and having virtually inexhaustible energy. I'm talking about never needing to see a doctor for anything and never taking any drugs except in emergency situations. I'm talking about having few if any aches or pains. In short, excellent robust health. Anything less and all is not well. So for me it is indeed what is sustainable. This of course must be adjusted accordingly based on many factors over time. Does this mean I never change things up and up the ante so to speak? Of course not! I regularly come up with challenges to keep me growing inside and out. I just know at this point what works for me and what doesn't. I am very in tune with my body and can quickly tell if I'm overdoing things a bit.

As to my 15 minutes? It would make lots of people puke and shake uncontrollably for some time. Its NOT an easy workout by any means. It is balls to wall. It works for me too as my strength improves by either more weight and or reps every workout. That is a measurable unit. I also sprint uphill usually, about once a week. Again this session is brutal. I don't hold back even a little. The results are seemingly miraculous though so that overcomes any dread about doing it.

All this said, my orginal thought was that if the OP is always sore, he is likely not fully recovering from his training and better results would be forthcoming if he were. More is not always better. We should all get the exact right amount if possible. In some cases a little less than that is infinitely better than way too much. I've been on both sides of that equation!! Live and learn though.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever Young View Post
            To tfarny,

I agree that there is inherently nothing wrong with pushing the envelope for a period of time to maybe train for a competition or simply to look good at the beach. That said, we need to do it wisely. Overdoing anything for too long can and will lead to damage for example joint problems. This doesn't even take into consideration day to day fatigue etc. I don't know what age you are and that has much to do with ones goals. My goal now is to first and foremost feel great every day if not almost every single day. I'm talking about bouncing out of bed in the morning and having virtually inexhaustible energy. I'm talking about never needing to see a doctor for anything and never taking any drugs except in emergency situations. I'm talking about having few if any aches or pains. In short, excellent robust health. Anything less and all is not well. So for me it is indeed what is sustainable. This of course must be adjusted accordingly based on many factors over time. Does this mean I never change things up and up the ante so to speak? Of course not! I regularly come up with challenges to keep me growing inside and out. I just know at this point what works for me and what doesn't. I am very in tune with my body and can quickly tell if I'm overdoing things a bit.

As to my 15 minutes? It would make lots of people puke and shake uncontrollably for some time. Its NOT an easy workout by any means. It is balls to wall. It works for me too as my strength improves by either more weight and or reps every workout. That is a measurable unit. I also sprint uphill usually, about once a week. Again this session is brutal. I don't hold back even a little. The results are seemingly miraculous though so that overcomes any dread about doing it.

All this said, my orginal thought was that if the OP is always sore, he is likely not fully recovering from his training and better results would be forthcoming if he were. More is not always better. We should all get the exact right amount if possible. In some cases a little less than that is infinitely better than way too much. I've been on both sides of that equation!! Live and learn though.
            However, those clearly aren't OP's goals, or he wouldn't be doing what he does.

There are plenty of HIT vs. progressive barbell training threads, so I won't comment on that other than to say while we may not enjoy your workout, it would be quite unlikely for you to finish ours. If you want to do the minimum, fine, but let's help each other reach our goals, not try to change people's goals.
            Lifting Journal

Comment

Alex,

I had many years experience training longer and more often. At one time it was 5-6 days a week for 1-1/2 to 2 hours a day. That is here nor there though. I've done both and I'm not saying that what you do is bad or anything like that. As to the OP's goals? How does ones actions clearly demonstrate their goals? There are lots of people in many endeavors with certain goals that are clearly not following the optimal path to reach said goals. I would at least assume that the OP would like to feel good most days and not be sore and worn out all the time as he stated he is. Doing a little less may actually help him. That is all I'm saying. What I do clearly works for me. All I can do here is offer up what I know to work for me. If it helps then great! If not, no harm done. Only trying to help.
              Last edited by Forever Young; 02-14-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X