No announcement yet.

Sprinting + Strength training in the same day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh, well this is a three-week plateau with no progress and I'm very strict with my diet. It's just meat and vegetables cooked in good fats. Fat-wise, I snacked on a handful of pork rinds and small bowls of coconut milk from time to time. My vegetables are usually cooked in about a tablespoon of fat ... I don't think I'm overeating, so where do you draw the line on fat consumption?
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

I LHT and play Ultimate on the same day now, and I'm recovering better than I was with them on different days. I also do it as an end to my lifting week so I have 2 full days to recover before going back to the gym.
      I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Originally posted by federkeil View Post
        I LHT and play Ultimate on the same day now, and I'm recovering better than I was with them on different days. I also do it as an end to my lifting week so I have 2 full days to recover before going back to the gym.
        Ultimate as well, how much sport do you play?
        www.back-to-primal.blogspot.com or on Facebook here

My training journal if anyone is interested

Be strong to be useful

Comment

Originally posted by Blah View Post
          Ultimate as well, how much sport do you play?
          Winter is 3 days of Starting Strength, 1 day of Indoor Ultimate, 1 day of Rec Volley Ball and we were doing 1 day of Parkour classes. I've been trying to do a few short runs during the week for prep for the Tough Mudder at the end of the Month. I go snowboarding every couple weeks as well.

Summer gets busy, lifting, Flag Football, Ultimate, and Soccer.

My only limiting factor is my knees, they aren't very resilient due to injuries occurred from playing football.
          I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Well, when I feel like my fat-burning and strength-building - just overall health - is on a roll, maybe I will be able to up the ante by weight training three times a week instead of two. I think the consensus is that someone in my place should not get excited about overdoing exercise as a way to break past a plateau. Instead I think I'll do a sort of leptin reset thing where I eat a big, solid breakfast - one that could make lunch easily missable - then a small dinner at least four hours away from sleepy time with zero snacks throughout the day. The guy advocating that regimen, Dr. Jack Kruse, says you shouldn't even exercise during the "reset," but I'm going to keep strength training twice a week in the evening while doing frequent walks and hikes. I'm hoping it works.
            Starting weight: 225
            Current weight: 195
            Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
            Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
            My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

Shoot that's nuts!!

I ran sprints Monday morning b/c I was sick and couldn't do them on Friday (when I had planned to) and then the weekend was PACKED and I was *contemplating* doing my LHT workout, which were on my schedule for Tuesday, in the very late evening. In the end, I thought better of it and pushed the LHT to tonight.

I would never consider doing Sprints and LHT on the same day.
              Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
              Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

Working...
              X