PBF/ Lifting Heavy Thing for people with knee problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBF/ Lifting Heavy Thing for people with knee problems

I've got a friend who just started eating primal, but had two knee replacements.

Any suggestions for a PBF routine for her? I'd assume pull-ups (even if they are assisted) are a good exercises.. any other ideas? Any PBF'ers out there with knee trouble?

Walk. Most benefit for lowest risk.

When your friend feels ready to do more, start with PBF, but don't push.

Comment

Yeah, peeps, cough up the info!

My knees aren't that bad - I don't feel any pain. But they do click, so sometimes when I'm doing squats I wonder if I'm screwing up my knees even more.
      Starting weight: 225
      Current weight: 195
      Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
      Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
      My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

Originally posted by Lex26 View Post
        Yeah, peeps, cough up the info!

My knees aren't that bad - I don't feel any pain. But they do click, so sometimes when I'm doing squats I wonder if I'm screwing up my knees even more.
        Knee clicks are not a sign of knee injury, and if you are squatting properly(hip crease below knee, toes behind knee if possible) you are doing your knees a huge favor. Plenty of people on here have rehabbed bad knees with squats.
        Lifting Journal

Comment

Just ask the surgeon for a list of approved movements, and go from there.
          Lifting Journal

Comment

I have one very bad knee- I had major surgery years ago and lost a lot of synovial fluid and have a very unstable knee cap. I can't do things like prolonged hiking down steep inclines without issues, but I can do kettlebell swings/squats with no issues (since you're using your posterior chain and core- not knees- if you do them correctly.)
            http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

tough to recommend any leg exercises without knowing lots of details, but the single best thing i did for my weak, perpetually sore knees, was to learn to squat properly, from the hips.

Comment

Working...
              X