Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Exercise?

Hey guys,

Recovering from some health issues and adrenal problems/digestive issues. Fatigue is an issue. I am gaining strength and stamina again but need to be careful not to overdo it. I have two different workout routines that i can follow. Which do you guys think is better for recovery/strength/muscle gains/health?

Option 1: M/W/F - 5 bodyweight exercises for 3 sets (squats, push, pull, abs, low back) alternated then repeated. T/TH - cardio of some sort
    Weekends - off

Option 2: M/TH - 5 bodyweight exercises (squats/abs, push/pull, low back) except supersetted (pushups, pullups, pushups, pullups, pushups pullups) THEN legs/abs, legs/abs. This is a lot less recovery
    W - rest day
    Tu/F - cardio

The second option is more intense and requires more recovery but also in the long run probably better for gaining muscle and revving metabolism up higher. Eventually i will be able to do Option 2 three times a week. What you guys think?
    -Joe

http://OptimizedIndividuals.wordpress.com

Why are you doing "cardio"?
    Lifting Journal

Comment

Shitcan the abs. You don't need it and it's wasted energy (if fatigue is an issue) that could be used on better exercise . Also, if you tire easily, supersetting might be counter productive. I would focus on either strength or stamina. I would go with option 1. Honestly, try to make it as simple as possible.

On a different note, one of my favorite bodyweight exercises is the pike press.
      "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Just move! Lift something heavy for about 10-15 minutes maybe two days a week, sprint every 7-10 days for about 10 minutes, take a nice long walk or a rougher 2 hour hike or bike ride, squat, pullups and dips~!
        Health is Wealth!

Comment

My routine more looks like your option #2. I also pull an hour on the bike, training for some summer riding.

So far so good I guess.

Comment

Option 2 is better, but you really don't need to increase the frequency of those workouts, or your body will be unable to recover before the next workout, if you are doing them at a sufficient intensity.

Comment

Working...
            X