Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Least amount of exercise I can get away with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least amount of exercise I can get away with?

I know this may sound like a silly question but I hate working out. I really do and I am wondering what is the least amount of exercise I can do and still get fit and stay lean?

sprinting. twice a week.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Originally posted by primalrob View Post
      sprinting. twice a week.
      i should add...this probably won't do much to get you fit, but i'm guessing it will help keep you fit once you're there.
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I refuse to go into a gym. You can do just fine with situps, pushups, squats, planks, and pullups. As a minimum, do 100 pushups a day. That gives a good upper body and core workout.

Comment

Go for quality instead of quantity then. I see too many around in the gym just chatting and not actually training and some just walking at a slow pace on the treadmill for ages.

Do a couple of intense full body workouts once or twice a week. You can still get a decent workout in 20 mins. The rest of the time, take the stairs instead of the lift/escalator, walk to places instead of using your car for short journeys, take up a hobby that doesn't involve sitting down. Oh and if you can, get a dog! A proper dog...not one of those little yapping things!

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
            I refuse to go into a gym. You can do just fine with situps, pushups, squats, planks, and pullups. As a minimum, do 100 pushups a day. That gives a good upper body and core workout.
            If you really want the minimum your could skip the situps and planks. Pushups and squats, especially weighted squats, do plenty for your core

Comment

It depends on where you are. Go for a walk daily if you are a beginner and overweight. That's more than enough to start.
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I've lost nearly 50lb without exercising at all (I have chronic fatigue). I plan to some day, and when I do, it'll be everyday stuff like doing my own housework again, playing with the kids, and eventually, SimpleFit . Look up simplefit! Very little time investment! Or maybe Body By Science (is that the right name?)
                5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Simple Fit : bodyweight exercises, bodyweight workout

All you need is a doorway pullup bar and 20min 3 days a week.
                  I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                    I've lost nearly 50lb without exercising at all (I have chronic fatigue). I plan to some day, and when I do, it'll be everyday stuff like doing my own housework again, playing with the kids, and eventually, SimpleFit . Look up simplefit! Very little time investment! Or maybe Body By Science (is that the right name?)
                    MamaG, I agree "Body By Science" is based 100% on science and is a new book that outlines 12 minute per week workouts to be perfectly fit. It's like the ultimate body "hack". I just got the book I'm plowing through it. It's on amazon of course and available for Kindle too Amazon.com: Body by Science: A Research Based Program to Get the Results You Want in 12 Minutes a Week (9780071597173): John Little, Doug McGuff: Books

I'm not a fan of structuring life around the gym and once I am well enough to do exercise I plan to use this system!
                    And of course, with the birth of the artist came the inevitable afterbirth - the critic - Mel Brooks

My Journal

Comment

Here is a link to a Youtube video on body by science also "Body by science" by Doug McGuff, MD - YouTube
                      And of course, with the birth of the artist came the inevitable afterbirth - the critic - Mel Brooks

My Journal

Comment

Al Kavadlo says in his book to just get out there and workout, you might find that you come to enjoy it.
                        www.back-to-primal.blogspot.com or on Facebook here

My training journal if anyone is interested

Be strong to be useful

Comment

Originally posted by Blah View Post
                          Al Kavadlo says in his book to just get out there and workout, you might find that you come to enjoy it.
                          +1. Man up and get some endorphins.
                          The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
                          (Lily Tomlin)

I take life easier than almost anyone I know, but when I exercise I do it as though my life depends on it (which it does).
                          (Arthur De Vany)

Comment

Working...
                          X