Light lifting right after meals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light lifting right after meals

I would like to be able to do some strength training while sitting in my computer chair right after meals to burn muscle glycogen and reduce my insulin spike. My question is how will this effect the digestion and absorption of my food? I know that running and doing cardio after meals impairs digestion but what if I were to do 10 or so minutes of 30-pound dumbbell lifts, resting for about 45 seconds between sets?

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Seems a bit of an odd practice; why not eat after you lift?

Digestion is incredibly subjective. I think the only way to know for sure is to try it. If the lifting impairs your digestion or gives stomach upset, then you'll know.

Comment

I try not to eat 3-4 before lifting and I wait at least an hour after lifting TO eat... doesn't quite answer your question but it's a thought. Also, must you sit? standing will engage more of your core in stabilizing you and such. 30lbs is relatively light I don't think you should have any issues regarding digestion if you're taking proper breaks.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, guys. I know it's a bit of a queer question so I appreciate any attempt.

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Working...
        X