Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking with weights... 30lb toddler on my back =)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking with weights... 30lb toddler on my back =)

I saw a post about wearing a weighted vest for walking/running and I was just wondering, does anyone else count wearing their 30lb child as exercise? I've been 'babywearing' for longer than I've been 'exercising', but now that I am more concsious of it, I count it.

Instead of plopping my 2 year old in the cart at the store, or in a stroller when we go to the zoo, I load him up on my back either in a Mei Tai or my Ergo carrier and walk.

Anyone else?

I used to do it lots My babies don't like being worn now
    And yep it counts

Comment

Definately primal!
      Integrity is what we do when nobody's watching.

Comment

My toddler/preschooler is 45 lbs and would happily be a pack baby if I let him. I injured my back last summer and haven't packed him too much since and really have lost the endurance it takes to pack the little squirm worm. I also found out that part of my back problems are arthritis. He is also getting long enough lately that the mechanics aren't working well anymore. I'm 5'5" and my hubby is 6' and my son is headed his daddies direction for height.

Comment

That's totally legit exercise. About as Primal as it gets, too.
          Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

I totally count it when I am packing the almost six month old while chasing her 3 1/2 year old sister. :-)

Comment

is that a pic from Bonzai Aphrodite??

Comment

I love wearing my wee one =) I occasionally put the 45lb 6yo in the wrap just for fun, too =D

JennaRose, that pic is me in front of my house with my little guy =) What is Bonzai Aphrodite?

Comment

I wear ds still he's. Lose to 30lbs. Right now he still loves to be worn, though not sure for how much longer. It's been a bit cold to wear him for long walks but when it's nice we gear up and go for a walk. Dd walks w/us while we'd walk the dog. Our neighborhood is super hilly, so a 30 min walk w/ the boy on my back is a serious work out!
                  The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
                  What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
                  SW 190lb
                  Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
                  25 Sep 2011 160lbs
                  1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
                  GW ~135lbs
                  5'3"
                  Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Comment

what is everyones fav carriers?
                    Ergo is the only one we have now, although rarely need it
                    I loved my collection of Didymos wraps, I was a bit of an addict LOL

Comment

We use the Ergo 9 times out of 10. I have a Storch Anna wrap conversion that we love too and it is my other go-to. The Babyhawk and my 4.7m Zara go unused, but I can't seem to part with them.

Comment

I rarely use a stroller/pushchair, it is a real novelty to my toddler when we use it as she is almost always on my back. She weighs 16kg so I definitely count it as good exercise!
                        I absolutely LOVE my Ergo, I have used it for 5 years and 2 children. I also love my woven wrap too. I tend to use my ergo more for a quick fix when out and about and my wrap if I am wrapping her up at home and leaving from there. (it is a bit much fabric for standing in the rain in a muddy carpark!)
                        Great to see lots of other babywearing parents here!

Comment

Hercules developed his legendary strength by picking up and carrying around a calf every day; as the calf grew, he got stronger until he could lift and carry the full-grown bull.

Of course, my daughter probably wouldn't appreciate being compared to a bovine.

Europe isn't very stroller-friendly, with its ice-packed cobblestones...

Mick.

Comment

Yeah! I love to walk with my daughter in a mei tai - I use a Babyhawk.

Comment

Originally posted by spinningtales View Post
                              I love wearing my wee one =) I occasionally put the 45lb 6yo in the wrap just for fun, too =D

JennaRose, that pic is me in front of my house with my little guy =) What is Bonzai Aphrodite?
                              oh cool the pic looks similar to one i've seen on Bonzai, a blog

Comment

Working...
                              X