No announcement yet.

★ ★ ★ Challenge Yourself: Do a Pull-Up in 2012 ★ ★ ★

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I'm in! Going for one-armed pull-up by July. Started eccentric muscle contractions yesterday and today, will rest tomorrow. I'm falling pretty slowly, so it might not be too long before I can hold steady and start doing them for real. I'll also toss in one-armed chin-ups or pull-ups from a seated position so I can easily control how much body weight is on the arm.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Hey guys and gals, this looks fantastic. I really want to start following the Primal Fitness Blueprint so these are essential. But one problem before I commit:

(a) I really want to give up my gym membership, I'd rather spend the money on organic food and use the bodyweight exercises to get fit.
      (b) Problem - I'm renting in an apartment so I assume a door mounted bar is out, what are my options for freestanding frames? I did a bit of googling (note I am in Australia) and didn't come up with much.

If I can get the right equipment I am definitely in!
      Buzz71
      Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
      Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
      Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
      My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

Ooooh, count me in!

Comment

(a) I really want to give up my gym membership, I'd rather spend the money on organic food and use the bodyweight exercises to get fit.
          (b) Problem - I'm renting in an apartment so I assume a door mounted bar is out, what are my options for freestanding frames? I did a bit of googling (note I am in Australia) and didn't come up with much.
          I use trees and playgrounds. My doorways have solid molding that I frequently do exercise on, but if I didn't have those I'd be walking a lot more. Chin-ups and pull-ups are so addictive. But do look around your house for pipes, rails, tree branches that you could use.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Jenny View Post
            Kimelah, I guess that's the way to go. If the momentum of falling back down is hard on you, maybe step off of a chair instead to do your negative?

No, not hard, just... disappointing that I can't hold myself up AT ALL. I'm sure the strength will come. In time.

Comment

count me in for being able to do dead hang pullups. I started a 5 weeks ago with negatives and now can do 2 pullups if I leave a slight bend in my arms.

Comment

Count me in. This is just what i need.
                My husband put a chin up bar outside for me, but i can't do one chin up or pull up. I can't believe how many visitors have come over and can just do them easily. What is wrong with me?

Comment

Knifegill, great thinking, thanks! Will scour the area!

Ok count me officially in !! Lets see some more people taking up the slow movement challenge too ... See the thread link in my sig!
                  Buzz71
                  Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net

Comment

(I just noticed that Iron Woody has redesigned their website, and is having a sale on bands, so I ordered the Pilates package, which includes 3 bands smaller than the blue band. And, no, I don't work for them.)
                    In search of the elusive, unassisted, dead-hang pullup! | my journal

Comment

Perfect timing!! My husband just made me a free stand pull up bar but I have NO upper body strength and need help. Count me in and thanks a million, Liz

Comment

I'm in!
                        Believe and achieve.

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

Bit the bullet and got a portable pullup bar on ebay! Should be here in a week.
                            Buzz71

Comment

please add me to the list!

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz71 View Post
                                Bit the bullet and got a portable pullup bar on ebay! Should be here in a week.
                                Wow, yay! What kind? I've got a little within-door-frame sort of bar, which has wreaked some minor havoc in my rented unit (gulp - hope they don't notice), though most of the time I just use the monkeybars at the nearest playground.
                                I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X