No announcement yet.

★ ★ ★ Challenge Yourself: Do a Pull-Up in 2012 ★ ★ ★

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can do 20 reverse pull ups from my doorway pull up bar... not quite 10 Aussie pull ups, just starting those up again with nicer weather (pull up bar outside for those)... I can lower myself a couple inches and pull back up from the doorway one.... trying some static hangs at top and bottom of the pull up...

Getting there... grrrrrr!
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Working towards a full pull-up this year by way of convict conditioning(on horizontal pulls right now). Add me to this list please if you're still adding.

Comment

• I haven't been able to do a pull-up since college! I am going to work on the pull-up progression as outlined in Primal Blueprint Fitness. I am starting with chair-assisted pull-ups today.

Comment

• Hi Jenny, Please count me in!

I cannot do a single pull-up and have never been able to do it. I remember I really envied the boys at school who had to do them in phys ed classes.

I'm fairly overweight now with 87 kg for the height of 174, so exess weight definetly makes it harder to do a pull up. But after reading a lot of inspirational posts on the forum I believe I can do the pull up despite the weight. Just need training.

I'm doing dead hangs now for 7-10 seconds 5 sets. My plan is to train to do them longer than 10 sec for the next month. I have to go slowly as I have a bit of a back pain. After that I will try negatives and australian pull up. And then hopefully classic pull up

Comment

• I'm making progress - manged to lift myself off the ground using the pull up bars in the park today - while having 16lbs of baby strapped to my front - about 1/3 of the way up. I couldn't even do that unweighted a couple of weeks ago
            You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

• I'm to the point ow where I can do a chin up if I don't go all the way down. In fact, I can do two or three. It's pretty fun seeing the progress over a month or two and knowing I'm slowly getting stronger. not quite to pull up yet, but getting there.

Grok on!
              Liberalism: ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

Comment

• Okay, I'm in too.

I watched the video where the gal starts by jumping (chin-up) up so I thought I would give it a try and what do you know I could hold myself up! This was a big surprise to me because I am 51 and have always been a weakling, I've never been into sports. Last month I started working on the 4 primal moves so the challenge fits in nicely.

Thanks for all the links, they're really helpful.
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Just knocked out a chin up from a dead hang.

BEYOND stoked right now.

Comment

• was waiting for spring to hit so i can go to the park and use their pull up bars, but i'm totally in now. i have almost hit the first of my weight goals so it's time to start thinking about a fitness goal on which to focus.

Comment

• Managed an assisted pull-up at 12lbs assistance (been working on that one for a few weeks). Only managed to get halfway up with 8lbs, but I'll get there! I've found that the placement of my hands is HUGE - I used to use a much wider grip, but a narrower grip seems to work considerably better. It's exciting to see everyone making progress!
                      Gamer. Powerlifter. Trekkie. Yogi.

Comment

• Is doing them at the pool (from the water) kosher - I use the diving thingy handles, which means my hands are shoulder width apart and inwards facing, and aim at getting my chin above the platform? I can do 10 under these conditions.
                        Odille
                        F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                        following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

• Well, still on just one single-armed pull-up. Haven't made it to two yet...
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• please put a star next to my name!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like this is such a huge accomplishment, but honestly, I'm not satisfied with it. I'm seeing cuts and definition now, and that seems to be my driving motivation. This was fun though.

Started at 251 (not sure what I weighed when I accepted this challenge). Weighed in at 227 this morning and did a full pullup in between rounds of SimpleFit this morning.

Love love LOVE this way of life.

Grok ON!

Comment

• Sign me up. And then put a star!

NAILED IT!

Did the first 3 pullups of my life on Monday and they felt great. I'm going back for more at lunch today.

Comment

• Three chin ups in a row when fresh, but still no pull up yet
                                Believe and achieve.

Comment

Working...
                                X