2012 Slow Movement Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buzz71 View Post
    dado - I use runkeeper and I find my comfortable pace is about 6km/h. Have been concentrating on slow regular deep breathing while I walk and I find that pace puts me into the optimal 55-75% max HR range quite nicely. I have a regular walking track loop which is in parkland, its about 3.1km and that takes me around 30 mins.

Also, I think 1000km is the goal but if you go past it, so much the better, more slow movement is goodness! I'd hate people to stop just becuase they cracked the 1000km mark

Elizabeth, welcome! It's not too late Report your progress here and I'll update the front page weekly. Great to have you on board!
    it is symbolic value. 1000km and i never walk again.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
      it is symbolic value. 1000km and i never walk again.
      Haha. How about as a compromise I will post my progress here in km. You know, so we can all be competitive nutjobs.
      No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
      -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

Yesterday was a bad walking day. Sitting almost the whole day, and after work it was already dark and it was raining. I stayed at home...

Today I managed to walk 7 km (3.5 km twice). I am still behind the schedule, but I try to catch up!
        Turnstone's world - not really a journal...

Comment

Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
          Haha. How about as a compromise I will post my progress here in km. You know, so we can all be competitive nutjobs.
          Miles is fine! It's not a race, its all about encouraging each other to get the moving happening
          Buzz71
          Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
          Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
          Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
          My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

Originally posted by Turnstone View Post
            Yesterday was a bad walking day. Sitting almost the whole day, and after work it was already dark and it was raining. I stayed at home...

Today I managed to walk 7 km (3.5 km twice). I am still behind the schedule, but I try to catch up!
            Turnstone, fair enough if the weather was bad! I've had that issue a couple of days already too. I plan to make up any deficit with some longer Sunday hikes, I think even Mark recommends that somewhere It all adds up!
            Buzz71
            Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
            Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
            Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
            My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

Walked 6km this morning. I'm walking about 5.5km per hour. Didn't have time to do the extra 2km as DH had dentist appt at 9am which is a 1 hour drive away.
              Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
              Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Comment

Buzz, count me in. Better late than never. I've only logged 16.2 km so far in 2012 so I'm a bit behind, but it was horribly hot/humid at the beginning of the year and so I exercised indoors instead. I don't walk as much over summer; I do a lot more walking over winter, as I prefer outdoor activity when it's cold. Still, I hope to eventually catch up with you guys by mid-year.

Wow, so many physical challenges I've signed up to this year: pull-ups, 100 push-ups, and now walking 1000 km!
                I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

Count mé In im on 14 km so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                    good this is a strong compromise.

Comment

6 km today.

Tomorrow will be hard, first I have to work all day (but walk around a lot), and in the evening I meet friends. So probably nothing tomorrow...

Comment

6 km today.

Tomorrow will be hard, first I have to work all day (but walk around a lot), and in the evening I meet friends. So probably nothing tomorrow...
                        don't stress it. i'm still on 4.5km.

but i expect to reach 1000km no problem. maybe i will take a sunday and walk for 20 hours.

Comment

don't stress it. i'm still on 4.5km.

but i expect to reach 1000km no problem. maybe i will take a sunday and walk for 20 hours.
                          No, I don't want to stress it. But I know that I would stay at home too often without this motivation. Nothing tomorrow will be OK for me, but I can't catch up on weekends that easily, so I have to watch my mileage a little bit if I don't want to fall behind too much

Comment

No, I don't want to stress it. But I know that I would stay at home too often without this motivation. Nothing tomorrow will be OK for me, but I can't catch up on weekends that easily, so I have to watch my mileage a little bit if I don't want to fall behind too much
                            i relish the challenge falling behind provides.

Comment

i relish the challenge falling behind provides.
                              That's true.

But I am already behind, and I don't want to let it go too much right at the beginning. I guess this was the only motivation for me today to go outside for a walk, because we had drizzling rain the whole day. Not even an umbrella helped. In the end it was nice to be outside, but without the challenge I probably just stayed at home and missed the experience!

Comment

15kms in total.

3kms in the freezing cold this morning, it's supposed to be the middle of summer...
                                Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
                                Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
                                Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
                                Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

Working...
                                X