No announcement yet.

2012 Slow Movement Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IvyBlue, I always thought being a mail carrier would be a great job.

Comment

It was but no longer, they bear the burden of a dying business, the actual door to door being the most expensive thing the PO does it is where they are trying to cut the most. I got out just ahead of the internet thankfully.
      Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Originally posted by kahiba View Post
        May I join as well please. DH and I usually walk 8km 3 times a week. We've logged 16km so far.
        Of course! Welcome
        Buzz71
        Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
        Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
        Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
        My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

Thats some serious mileage ivyblue!
          Buzz71
          Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net

Comment

8 km this morning

24 km to date
            Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
            Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Comment

Updated Progress as at end 8 Jan 2012 (Pro-rata target is 21.92km)

Roary: 28km
              Buzz71: 24.53km
              Kahiba: 16km
              Turnstone: 13km
              ljq309: 6km
              dado: 4.5km

Looks like Roary is leading the way! Still plenty of time for new participants!
              Buzz71

Comment

Originally posted by kahiba View Post
                8 km this morning

24 km to date
                Haha good timing you posted while I was writing, will update master post.
                Buzz71

Comment

9kms now...
                  Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
                  Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
                  Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
                  Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

Easy for me. I work in a hospital. I can easily walk 6 to 9 miles a night if it's busy.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Thanks guys for the supportive and helpful comments! Today I finally gained the courage to walk the same route as I used to with my dog and I wasn't emotional like I thought I would be and I feel great. I really did miss walking I think I walked around 2.5 km. I'll download the Run Keeper app so hopefully my distance will be more accurate next time.

Comment

Well done Jovana!

Runkeeper is excellent, love it
                        Buzz71

Comment

tell me about your pace.

i did my 4.5km the other night in a little over an hour. an hour and five minutes. i challenged myself to walk slowly, because this is how my brain will benefit most.

Comment

A week late, but I am totally in for this! This summer I was really good about walking a lot, with a goal of 40 miles per month (which I usually met or exceeded). I generally track how much I walk on mapmyrun.com. 1000km is 621miles, but I like even numbers so I’m going to round up to a goal of 650 miles in 2012.
                            No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                            -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                              A week late, but I am totally in for this! This summer I was really good about walking a lot, with a goal of 40 miles per month (which I usually met or exceeded). I generally track how much I walk on mapmyrun.com. 1000km is 621miles, but I like even numbers so I’m going to round up to a goal of 650 miles in 2012.
                              you're making a mess of the challenge. it's 1000km, no more, no less.

i'm in america, too, but i'm converting.

Comment

dado - I use runkeeper and I find my comfortable pace is about 6km/h. Have been concentrating on slow regular deep breathing while I walk and I find that pace puts me into the optimal 55-75% max HR range quite nicely. I have a regular walking track loop which is in parkland, its about 3.1km and that takes me around 30 mins.

Also, I think 1000km is the goal but if you go past it, so much the better, more slow movement is goodness! I'd hate people to stop just becuase they cracked the 1000km mark

Elizabeth, welcome! It's not too late Report your progress here and I'll update the front page weekly. Great to have you on board!
                                Buzz71

Comment

Working...
                                X