No announcement yet.

2012 Slow Movement Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep I'm in, I normally do between 9 and 15kms a week but I'll keep track and see what happens.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

Awesome, glad to have you on board
      Buzz71
      Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
      Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
      Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
      My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

Currently we have winter in Germany. Which means "lots of rain" at the moment...

I walked about 2 km yesterday, and about 7 km this year. I have to start to track my walking, so that I have correct numbers.

1000 km in a year (well, in this year, as we have an extra day) means 2,73 km a day, or 19,1 km a week. 12 km missing this week, but I will add a little bit today (but it's still raining and it won't be more than 3 km, I guess).
        Turnstone's world - not really a journal...

Comment

I clock in at 28 km this week.

Comment

This sounds like a challenge for me! Unfotunately my dog died a couple of months ago and I've been too sad to go walking without him so this is the motivation I need to get active again.

Just wondering if anyone has tips on how to calculate the distance you've walked? I really doubt my estimates would be accutate at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jovana View Post
              This sounds like a challenge for me! Unfotunately my dog died a couple of months ago and I've been too sad to go walking without him so this is the motivation I need to get active again.

Just wondering if anyone has tips on how to calculate the distance you've walked? I really doubt my estimates would be accutate at all.
              Sorry to hear about your dog!

You can use Google Earth for a quite accurate distance. Or a routing program if you stay on roads. I use MapSource on my computer to calculate the distance on shorter walks. For longer walks I use a GPS receiver. You could use your phone if it has a GPS receiver.

I am thinking about buying a small, simple GPS logger to log all my walks.
              Last edited by Turnstone; 01-07-2012, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jovana View Post

you should get another dog and walk again

and the 'runkeeper' app for android is very strong and accurate, it will keep track of all your kilometers.

Comment

I use Runkeeper.

I am so, so sorry to hear about your dog.

Comment

My sympathies also for your dog.

I also use runkeeper for iPhone.

Good to see more people coming on board!
                    Buzz71
                    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net

Comment

So everyone, would you like me to update the first post with everyone's progress so we have a master index of where we are all at?
                      Buzz71

Comment

4.5km down

Comment

6km for me
                          Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
                          Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
                          Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
                          Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

May I join as well please. DH and I usually walk 8km 3 times a week. We've logged 16km so far.
                            Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
                            Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Comment

13 km for me

Comment

I walk an hour a day, about 4 miles, in everything but wind driven precipitation. That I did for a living for a time and still enjoy not doing it. I incorporate it into my commute by walking from work toward home before hopping on the subway w/ the route mainly through parks or plazas so I can keep the pace up. This I have done for a long time, well before discovering PB.

Once developed as a habit you'll miss not doing it. Very meditative, works out any kinks or tightness, connects you with the seasons and weather, gets you out in the sun and I think delimits how fat you can get if other things are not in line. And it's one thing I prefer to do when it's cold.

Figure I've been doing it for 12 years that's a good 27,000 kilometers give or take, it's no wonder I wear sneakers out at such a clip. Prior to that I carried mail on foot for 11 years which would make the total some astounding number, but for those miles I was paid
                                Last edited by IvyBlue; 01-08-2012, 10:23 AM.
                                Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

Working...
                                X