No announcement yet.

2012 Slow Movement Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.5km this afternoon. Walked a circuit that I hadn't measured before so a bit disappointed it isn't my usual 8km. Almost feel cheated. This is very different coming from someone who in previous times would do almost anything to avoid going for a walk.
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Comment

• Summer has finally arrived in the UK - just in time for the London Olympics. Cue the conspiracy theories.

I walked about 14 km today around Bristol Harbour. Our annual Harbour Festival is on, and it's stacking up for a record number of visitors this year, as everyone's so desperate to get out and enjoy the sunny weather, now that the jet stream has returned to its normal position.
      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• I've limiting the interwebs as part of a self-imposed digital vacation. I also ruptured a tendon in my foot that has been an ongoing problem. I have still walked a bit and when I can find my phone I'll post my update.

Comment

• Have you found any interesting walking challenges? I stumbled across the "Walk to Mordor" one on nerdfitness but I think I need something with a little more instant gratification first. I remember when the elevator broke at work and we were keeping track of the number of times we counted Mt. Greylock over a period of a few months. If anyone knows of something similar (especially in an exotic type locale) it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• LOL -- I checked my Runkeeper year to date ... I'm exactly half way at 500.5 km (311 miles). I'm not as far behind as I thought! I still need to kick it up a notch or two ...

Comment

• 8km late this afternoon. Found another bush walk. Didn't get to the end of it so next time we are going to take a snack and a drink and see how far it goes.
              Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Comment

• 7.5km today while we waited for the car to be serviced. The service centre is right on the edge of town so managed to get a bit of country into the walk.

Comment

• I hiked 57 km this weekend. Carried a 10 kg backpack with everything needed (food, clothes, tent, sleeping bag...) Today my calves are really sore, but it was a good weekend!

876.6 kms so far. I can't believe that I am already so far!
                  Turnstone's world - not really a journal...

Comment

• Wow that was some walk Turnstone. Way to go.

We went out much ealier than usual this morning and although it was cold to start it was quite nice once we had warmed up. 8km this morning.

Comment

• Turnstone-- how fun! I am recommitted to walking to work in the hopes it will jumpstart my motivation. Its hot here though -- over 100 F by the time I'm ready to head home ....

Comment

• I've just started Walking to Mordor, so I'm coming in very late in the game. I've begun walking 2.5 miles in the morning; starting tomorrow, I'll bump that up to 5 miles. If I stick to that plan, then I'll make the 1,000 km by the end of the year.
                        F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• Walked 9 kms today. Just in the city, nothing spectacular.
                          Turnstone's world - not really a journal...

Comment

• 6km this afternoon along an old logging track. Pretty much downhill for the 3km walk out and uphill for the return. Certainly tested the cardio capacity.

Comment

• Second day of walking 5 miles at a moderate/brisk pace. Have walked 20 miles since Friday. So far, so good!
                              F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

• July: 67mi or 108km
                                YTD: 434mi or 698km
                                No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                                -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

Working...
                                X