2012 Slow Movement Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240 as of May 2
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

• I just found out my ipod has a pedometer on it so Ive been tracking my steps for the past few days. Trying to get betwenn 8,000 and 10,000 a day. Ran 5 miles this morning so im already at 10,000. I think I just won't move the rest of the day.

Comment

• 249 as of May 6
        Last edited by ljq309; 05-05-2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• During my holidays I did quite a lot of walking. Not every day, but most days something around 8 kms.
          Makes 525.9 kms as of May 6!
          Turnstone's world - not really a journal...

Comment

• 252 as of May 9

Comment

• YTD = 270.5.

Walking with podcasts is really helping - I find I want to listen to the end uninterrupted, so I just keep walking until the ep is finished. Thank Valhalla for MP3 players!
              I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• 258 as of May 11
                Last edited by ljq309; 05-10-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Lots of work to do, so not much walking during last week. But yesterday I did a 42 kms hike. A little bit too long, on the last kms my old knee problem came back...
                  584 kms as of May 13

Comment

• Wow that's some hike - 42kms - wow.

264 as of May 17 for me.
                    Last edited by ljq309; 05-16-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Hi guys! I've been super negligent on my postings. . . the weather is so nice that I haven't wanted to plug in at all! Just a quick update -- I've had a slow spring but I vow to make up for it!

YTD: 367.5 km

Comment

• 267, May 18

Comment

• My knee still hurts a little bit. I had planned another looong hike for the weekend (my 100kms hike is in 2 weeks, I need some training) but I am not sure if I can do it without doing harm...
                          So just a short walk yesterday (3.2 kms around the block)

590.2 kms as of May 17

Comment

• Finally finished building and fencing for chook house and run. Can start doing real walking again.

6 km yesterday
                            5 km today - 18 May
                            Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
                            Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Comment

• I've made good progress, as I've been walking 4-10 km daily for the past fortnight since my car was written off.
                              I can feel my legs have got a lot stronger.

I toyed with the idea of living car-free for a few months, which would make me more primal I suppose, but wimped out, and can't wait to pick up the new car on Sunday.
                              F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• Finally getting caught up to some of you (even passing a few). Will this week at peak of over 50km. Total now at 274km. Taking advantage of the weather and walking to/from work every day. The best part is that the mornings are just cold enough (low 50's F) to also get a good hour of cold thermogenesis in.

I have to say that this challenge is the best ever. If I can keep this rate up, I will blow through the 1000km, but we are still very much held hostage by the weather. Will just have to take advantage of it while I can.

Onward....
                                "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
                                2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

Comment

Working...
                                X