2012 Slow Movement Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 199 as of April 15.

Photos from my walk this morning. I was too late for the hot air balloons, and too early for the fog rising from the lake... some other day perhaps.

100_0679a.jpg
    100_0680a.jpg
    100_0681a.jpg
    100_0682a.jpg
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Comment

• Hi everyone, here is the much delayed update. Great to see some progress! Love the photos too, I will try and do the same

Updated Progress as at end 14 April 2012 (Pro-rata target is 289.62km)

Cantare: 765.4km
      tim_1522 363.1m
      Turnstone: 363.3km
      Sigi: 229.4km
      Roary: 227.8km
      Buzz71: 204.02km
      ljq309: 199km
      Kahiba: 196km
      Meegeek: 162m
      Paleo Bunny 149km
      Elizabeth826: 148km
      Fiji 50.7km
      dado: 50km
      Kapela: 44.1km
      Jovana: 22.64km
      Buzz71
      Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
      Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
      Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
      My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!

Comment

• 202 as of April 16

Comment

• I am glad you like the pictures! It's a nice area, but I can walk there only during the weekend. During the week I just walk around the block here in the city. Not really scenic...
          I would love to see more walking pictures from you, too! It's always nice to see where other people live and enjoy nature!

Saturday I made a loong hike. 35 kms! I am still a little bit sore, but all in all it wasn't as worse as I expected.

399.9 kms as of 15th April (damn, I should have walked a tiny little bit more yesterday to complete the 400 kms!)
          Turnstone's world - not really a journal...

Comment

• I'm in! I don't care how late I am. If I walk an average of four miles a day, or double up on that on the weekends I can make it. I'll add in some of my long hikes and walks from this year too that I've recorded in my journal. MapMyTracks sounds really cool, but wouldn't you know it, it's not working today. Oh well, can't wait to try it tomorrow.

I'm transitioning to a bigger and more consistent focus on slow moving through walking and yoga now. I spent the beginning of the year convinced sprinting and intense resistance training would improve my health. I've gotten stronger, but not smaller or less anxious. There's a good chance I've already burned out my adrenals, which means the only kinds of exercise I'm likely to benefit from is this kind.

Oh, yeah, and I love it! I'm so happy walking around with my wee iPod. But adding in some photography like you guys have sounds just as fun.

Vive la lente resistance!
            Starting weight: 225
            Current weight: 195
            Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
            Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
            My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

• 205 as of April 18

Comment

• I will track my progress in this thread.

Comment

• I'll do it.

Comment

• 8km this evening. 204km 18th April
                    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
                    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Comment

• 208 as of April 19

Comment

• Love all the photos everyone is posting! Hope to see more.

Still getting a lot of good walks in. Yesterday afternoon's hike took kind of a wrenching turn tho... halfway up the mountain I almost stepped on an injured baby wood rat lying right on the trail. I think a hawk or owl had grabbed it and then dropped it. A bit banged up, seriously hypothermic, but still alive; looked a lot like this:

I gave him some of my water, then sprinted back to the trailhead and drove crosstown to the wildlife rescue place, where he'll spend the night in an incubator.

I should be in bed but am having a hard time shaking it off. The whole thing leaves me feeling not very "primal". I get the whole predator-prey thing, eat meat myself, have cats that probably enjoy wood rat for lunch when they're allowed outside...but man, I sure do hate watching anything suffer needlessly.

Hope the little fella makes it. Happy walking to all...
                        6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
                        ― Søren Kierkegaard

Comment

• THAT is the cutest thing I ever saw! I wouldn't worry about the primal thing, I suppose if you were starving you would have made it a snackette! but as your not and we are civilised human beings its ok to be sentimental
                          Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
                          Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Comment

• Squeeeee at little ratty! You are a dear person, Cantare.
                            I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Comment

• 406.9 kms as of April 19th!

I am leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks. I will continue walking, but I don't know if I have access to the internet to update my progress.

Cantare, that is a cute little animal! I think I would have done the same, don't feel bad about it!
                              Turnstone's world - not really a journal...

Comment

• 211 as of April 20

Comment

Working...
                                X